• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD selling my minty TOTAN - Tales of the Arabian Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
***GAME HAS BEEN SOLD***

Sad to say, but I am out of room and I have several projects folded waiting my attention. So, time to let a few things go. I already have a few deals in place to move out a couple of titles but the big one on the chopping block is TOTAN :(

I chased this game for nearly two years... found a minty example... made it even better, and now it's time to move it along.

Here's the breakdown.

-This machine started out as one of the nicest all original TOTAN I have ever seen.

absolutely NO insert ghosting. This is super rare for this title, even on HUO examples. The playfield is pretty much immaculate. No wear in orbs saucer, scoop, tiger magnet or genie magnet and the shooter lane looks great!

-Cabinet was beautiful. No scratches or missing wood anywhere, but it did have a bit of fade on one side. I spent hours touching it up. The entire cab looks new!

-Plastics look new (maybe they are, not sure what the last owner added)

-Ramps look new as well

-The extra bling was added by me. This game has the full brass treatment by the master Michael Chestnut down in Tennessee.

All trim, including the head cabinet hinges, side rails, lockdown bar, legs, shooter rod housing, all cab bolts and so on were brass plated. I also had Mike do the entire apron, wire form ramp, sword guide in shooter lane, fireball magnet holder, ball return plate and I even sent him a brand new skill shot armature to plate... and probably a few other small bits I'm forgetting. The game shines!

-I also added a jeweled spinning lamp (original is also included). I installed a full set of plastic protectors from Pinbits and lots of protective clear vinyl in high wear areas such as the shooter lane, scoop and magnets. I even gave the saucer an extra layer of brush on clear for added protection.

The game comes with custom gold free play cards, new repro manual, original hasps, rare original lockbar and even the interlock interrupter for performing tests with the door open. These are always gone. I swear, if the game didn't have $1 indicators added to the coin slot I would have sworn it was home use. In any case, it didn't spend much time on the road at all by the looks of it. Boards are perfect and the game plays super smooth and fast.

Overall, I’d say the game is almost better than new.

My price is $8500.

Not looking for trades or lower offers at this time... this is what I have into the game.
However, if you have a nice Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown I may be swayed into a partial trade ;)

And now the pics:

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've seen a lot of odd things in this hobby...but TOTAN used a trade bait for a Heavy Metal Meltdown? That's pinball, baby.

GLWS.

Funny enough I got a sweet offer on a restored HMM as soon as the game was listed on Pinside last night. Sadly the owner was out in California and the logistics would have just been insane. Also, the 'restoration' on the HMM was pulled off by TNT Amusements so, ya know... ;)

Obviously my wishlist has gotten VERY small these days.

mstellato

Mar 8, 2015
Woodbridge
Congrats to the new owner. Drano takes excellent care of his games. I should know having bought his T2 a few months ago. Worth every penny I gave him. I saw and played the TOTAN when I was there. I'm sure the TOTAN is worth every penny!! Congrats guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.