• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Scam SW Topper thread

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Hey all - I almost got stung by a scammer on here and I am a little disappointed the "for sale" thread was deleted. I am unsure if admins have the ability to see - based on IP - who logged in to what account, etc, but having that thread deleted eliminated a lot of discussion around scamming. Not sure if I can ask why the thread was deleted and what ability does the admin have to see who logged in ?

RoyalPinball

Apr 2, 2022
London
The scammers PinRev user name was ARAKISSUN if you don’t Remember, who somehow has been a scammer on PinRev since 2013. Admin deleted the thread for some reason and this scammer has likely done it before but has gotten the threads deleted and hence a strong possibility why this scammer is still on the forum. Scamming threads should never be deleted such that we can search for their past activity and be reminder of the actions of some bad actors. I would definitely hope the ADMIN deleted / blocked that users login Such that they cannot return and claim to be a creditable Pin Rev user due to their 10 year membership history. Huge credit goes out to the PinRev user that located the previous legit listing where the photos were stolen from.

Attachments

• 8BA7A5C9-AF90-44F6-B434-087AD07071DE.jpeg
    8BA7A5C9-AF90-44F6-B434-087AD07071DE.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

RoyalPinball

Apr 2, 2022
London
That’s what all scammers say….come on what hacker is going to steal a PinRev login and then try to scam its users. FYI the Easter Bunny don’t exist either :)

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I'm a little uncomfortable that as soon as "the scammer" was called out on the scam, the "real account holder" edited the post to remove any information and replaced it with the claim that they were hacked. Just because someone has been a legit seller in the past does not preclude them from being a scammer - things change.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Over the past five years on two occasions I bought parts from Arakissun. Some used relays for system 11 game and a few other parts that I don't remember now. He is in Bulgaria. Parts arrived fine and were reasonably priced. At least in my case it was not a scam.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Over the past five years on two occasions I bought parts from Arakissun. Some used relays for system 11 game and a few other parts that I don't remember now. He is in Bulgaria. Parts arrived fine and were reasonably priced. At least in my case it was not a scam.

well, that was part of the pitch

Attachments

• pinrev.jpg
    pinrev.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 30

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I have also bought used parts years ago from Arakissun and recieved them. Mostly odds and ends.

As mentioned, following up on Pinside might be an option.