• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Rush Pinball -The next Stern

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Things are looking promising for a Stern Rush Pinball coming next. Pinball Paparazzi posted a few days ago.

Attachments

• Annotation.png
    Annotation.png
    610 KB · Views: 42

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I was waiting to see who might start a thread regarding the future Rush pin. I am all in on this one. Likely go for the Premium as LEs will be impossible to get. Likely already sold out based on future orders. Hopefully it is based on the old material from the 70s, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, etc.

Reactions: Ryan Dodd

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I was waiting to see who might start a thread regarding the future Rush pin. I am all in on this one. Likely go for the Premium as LEs will be impossible to get. Likely already sold out based on future orders. Hopefully it is based on the old material from the 70s, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, etc.

Rush has been my favorite band since grade 7 - always loved them.

A Rush pin will be great if it's real - I hope Stern doesn't screw it up but their last few have mostly been pretty good so..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Rush has been my favorite band since grade 7 - always loved them.

A Rush pin will be great if it's real - I hope Stern doesn't screw it up but their last few have mostly been pretty good so..
I suppose it all depends on the cost of the license. The more expensive the license the less they have for the Bill Of Material. Expensive licenses have given us bare games like SW and LZ. Super expensive gave us refreshed older designs like Beatles. Cheap licenses gave us stuff like godzilla.

Reactions: Ryan Dodd

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
I saw that topic just now, there was some debate over whether it was a repurposed cab. I'm not aware of any cabinet with art like that and the little bit of logo you could see certainly matches their logo.

It would have to be pretty late in production to have cabinet art already which makes me think it could be their next announcement.

I like Rush but the theme could really go either way I think. We'll see.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I saw that topic just now, there was some debate over whether it was a repurposed cab. I'm not aware of any cabinet with art like that and the little bit of logo you could see certainly matches their logo.

It would have to be pretty late in production to have cabinet art already which makes me think it could be their next announcement.

I like Rush but the theme could really go either way I think. We'll see.
Given 2112 is one of their album titles. I would expect the announcement on Dec 21, or Dec 12 or during the month of Dec. 21 (21.12). Would be a major marketing mistake if they made the announcement in Jan 2022 as an example.

Reactions: Corrie

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
Given 2112 is one of their album titles. I would expect the announcement on Dec 21, or Dec 12 or during the month of Dec. 21 (21.12). Would be a major marketing mistake if they made the announcement in Jan 2022 as an example.
Pinball companies don't plan their announcements like that. Every time there is a rumored pin, someone always says, "they should do it on x date because that's the x anniversary of it's release" or insert random date that seems to have some loose connection to the theme.

Reminds me of when Star Wars was being released, "it needs to be released on May 4th, or Stern needs a new marketing department!"

Marketing mistake? LOL, as if anyone cares if the release/announce date corresponds to some made up date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff K.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Pinball companies don't plan their announcements like that. Every time there is a rumored pin, someone always says, "they should do it on x date because that's the x anniversary of it's release" or insert random date that seems to have some loose connection to the theme.

Reminds me of when Star Wars was being released, "it needs to be release on May 4th, or Stern needs a new marketing department!"

Marketing mistake? LOL, as if anyone cares if the release/announce date corresponds to some made up date.

I saw the same thing with the last Iron Maiden code update. A lot of people thought it was being released alongside their tour announcement but it was just delayed like a year.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Apparently Rush was all but confirmed by Stern this weekend according to Cary Hardy

Pretty excited. It's a dream come true for me - will almost certainly order.

Reactions: Pins_CJ

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Apparently Rush was all but confirmed by Stern this weekend according to Cary Hardy

Pretty excited. It's a dream come true for me - will almost certainly order.
I was thinking of getting an LE but I think it will be impossible, especially in Canada. Will likely have to settle for a premium. Hopefully the LE doesn't have major cosmetic changes. Should be great for Canadian pinball! Hopefully Geddy and Alex will make it out to a release party.

Reactions: Pins_CJ

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I was thinking of getting an LE but I think it will be impossible, especially in Canada. Will likely have to settle for a premium. Hopefully the LE doesn't have major cosmetic changes. Should be great for Canadian pinball! Hopefully Geddy and Alex will make it out to a release party.

Should see orders opening up soon I think - I would love an LE but I doubt I could get one.

Northerndude

Oct 4, 2020
Nipawin
I think I heard this will NOT be a cornerstone with Pro, PREM, le. Maybe more like a small one off Heavy Metal or like a signature like Elvira HOH.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Read somewhere that Stern Pros are going up to $7,400US in the spring. Prices are definitely flying on these new games.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Pricing most of us out of the market to buy new in box
What's the alternative? Pay more for it used? Pinball prices climbing quarterly has made me lose interest in the hobby. I'm priced out and burnt out. I can't support that kind of business model. Realistically no pinball machine should cost more than $6000 CDN.

Reactions: Paul