• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

re: cause it's shit - Why Transformers LE sucks

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Since it bugs me when someone throws out such a blanket statement with no actual reasoning or logic to back up their argument, herein contains my reasoning on why TF, specifically the LE versions of the games suck, keeping in mind I have owned an autobot LE from day 1 and still own it today.

*ahem*

CAUSE I SAID SO!

:mrgreen:

But seriously , my main gripe about the LE's is the supposed "added value" they are supposed to add into the game with the Iron Hide mini PF and Star scream toys.

What is most upsetting about both toys is that they are good and interesting toys with just poor implementation and crappy software to back them up.

Currently the Ironhide PF has to be the most useless toy in all of pinball, I can't think of a single toy that adds less value to the game, and actually takes away from the overall gameplay more then the ironhide PF does. The only other implementation of a similar toy would be Corvette and at least Gomez had the good sense to allow the ball to travel through it and actually be able to get some good points off it if you can keep the ball moving in it, in corvette.

But in the TFLE, the points are so minuscule is a joke, I mean you spend a good 20 seconds rocking this thing back and forth to end up with a grand total of 20,000 points! I'm not exaggerating either, seriously a grand total of 20,000 points usually and possibly some completely inconsequential "award" in the form of super pops, supper spinner or special, and special is when you get to 80,000 points, that 4 trips on average up into that useless friggin thing just to get a special! Considering that I assume a large amount of the LE's are supposed to end up in collectors hands I don't see how a special is an award anyone actually cares about.

Now for starscream, I actually like this toy, I just wish Wayson would pull his head out of his ass and learn how to actually program a pinball. The current implementation is just a simple hurry up with an extra ball attached for 3 hits. Simple enough, the problem is the wasted potential! It's such a cool little toy and is begging for a super jackpot shot of some kind. Think about it, how satisfying would it be to be playing a multiball and after making a certain number of shots, star scream starts shifting side to side and you now need to juggle the balls in play while at the same time trying to time a shot to hit the target behind him. I get excited just thinking about it, but no instead in Wasions usual uninspired way of programming, we have spell star scream, get a count down value, the end.

So the biggest gripe I have with the TF LE is the wasted potential, even the Ironhide mini PF could have been better implemented, tieing that into a multiball or making it worth more points or making the awards actually worth achieving.

As for the modes themselves, while each is kinda interesting, they lack and punch or excitement. The usual grind you way to the wizard mode approach does get quite tedious after a while. There is no risk vs reward on how you play out the modes, yes if you can complete them in a single run through you will get more points, (in some cases mud flaps and skids you are better off ending and using again as much as possible) but it doesn't change the fact that if you fail you are just 4 shots away from starting the same mode again to finish it off.

End of the day TF Pro is the better buy, it's cheaper, the toys that take away from the overall gameplay are not there and gameplay is better as a result. TF Pro isn't a terrible game for the money, TF LE is a terrible game for the money and IMO should actually be priced less then the Pro since it's just so horrible to have to play.

Anyway that's my take