• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Project swap - cue ball wizard w/working DMD

System6

Apr 21, 2023
Brampton
I have a cue ball wizard that’s fully functional and plays (working dmd etc) with the exception of the pool stick motor and solenoid. all the kick out holes, standup targets, ramp, multi ball etc work. Music and speech work. Game modes work. I’m pretty sure the cue stick solenoid just needs to be swapped out but it’s the motor I’m not sure of, I’m under the impression it needs work. A couple of the stand up targets are chipped (but work) and the top right plastic is broken but all there (not any part that ball touches). I guess what I’m saying is outside of the cue ball stick gimmick the only issues are cosmetic. I’ve been meaning to get to it but I haven’t spent much time with Gottlieb so I’m testing the waters to see if anyone would want to take this on. It might require a motor rebuild or replacement. The playfield doesn’t have any wear or missing artwork etc but I’d consider the machine as players condition overall as cabinet has some dings and back box etc. Would be open to swap for another project that’s not Gottlieb related. No em’s. Could do some cash +\- will provide photos if anyone is interested. Could deliver. Not really mad if I end up fixing this myself but as the saying goes doesn’t hurt to ask. I’m in the GTA

System6

Apr 21, 2023
Brampton
Had some free time today so I opened up the motor and a bushing was missing causing one of the gears to end up on an angle. I had a box of random plastic gears here from work and as luck would have it there was a bushing that fit perfectly and now the motor is fixed. It took a whopping 20 minutes, didn't expect that. I plugged it back into the machine and forced the activation and it's moving just fine. I'm going to buy the pool stick solenoid and get this back together as I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that the game is fully functional now. I guess it's no longer a project. When it's done I'd still be open to trades or I might list it locally

Last edited: