• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Value Checker?

demonseed

Aug 10, 2013
Caledonia,ONT
Hey Guys,
I am new to pins, (well owning them).... and I am in the market for my first pin. Is there a webiste or list to know what typically I should pay for certain games? I have heard of a lot of scammers out there and I am afraid of getting ripped off once ready.

Thanks
Jim

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Jim, I'd take advantage of our forum here and ask opinions on any games that catch your eye.

Most lists I've seen aren't very accurate, and there is so many things that can affect the price. Plus we've in Canada, and everything is more expensive.

Also, a good thing to do is check the For Sale listings, and see what games actually SOLD for (not asking price).

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This is a good representation of worth compaired to other games. Although like frolic said, this list doesn't work for our location, or properly reflect the current climate of pinball popularity.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0512.htm

Rough guess, EM games $300-$800, early SS game $600-$1500, DMD game $1500-$4500. Then there's a bunch of factors that play off that price... Condition, desirability, ect

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Being new to the hobby as well, I think the best way to determine price is through forums like this one. If you see a particular game come up, you can always ask the members if it seems like a fair deal.

Another thing I highly recommend is just monitoring the forums like this one and watch all of the "for sale" threads. You can see when things sell quickly, and when things don't. You'll start to see a trend on certain games as well as prices for certain era's.

Can't say much for the older EM's, but as a general trend lately this is what I've seen.

For games in "average" condition and working correctly
Pre DMD game - 800-2000 depending on the title
Seems like lately it takes at least $2000 or close to it to get a working DMD title in decent condition.
A lot of the more desirable DMD titles from the 90's seem to be commanding 3000-5000
Newer sterns are pretty tricky to get your hands on in good condition for less than 4000
Certain A titles can fetch whatever rich guys are willing to pay.

These of course are just general observations that I've made and there are always games in each category that don't fit the mold. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys can chime in with more specifics. Again if you are looking for a particular title I would start to ask around within the community. That is where you're going to get the most support and probably the most fair price.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Remember that most of the listed prices on kijiji are very negotiable. More often then not the seller will trade +/- $ for another game too.

It's best to take somebody that knows pinball with you for the first purchase. A seller will talk down the problems and tell you how easy they are to fix, but if they have to be fixed by you, and you have to pay to get it done, then the problems should be taken into consideration and negotiated once you see the machine in real life

demonseed

Aug 10, 2013
Caledonia,ONT
Hey
Yes thats just it.. for my first one it would have to be 100%....working as I would have no clue how to fix.. maybe best to stay to the forums..... I better save my money!