• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Donut girl

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
The tralier I saw at PPE looked like a chick flick with pinball as the background .. I figure that is pretty much what it is ...

The director was actually fairly intersting to talk to but I wouldn't say that the film is meant for the pinball masses (or if they truly think that it is they are way off base)

The guy that did the artwork is also the subject of the doc short which was more interesting (directed by the same director) and more intuned with the general pin player.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
REVOLUTION said:
They showed the movie in its entirety at Expo last year but I couldn't stay to watch it. It does look bad though...

Actually at EXPO they showed the enhanced tralier (theatrical trailer) as well ... to the best of my knowledge it hasn't fully aired anywhere yet but it will be a a few movie festivals.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Considering all their major backing is from pinball related sources (PAPA, PPP) I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be aimed at the pinball community to some degree.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Vengeance said:
Considering all their major backing is from pinball related sources (PAPA, PPP) I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be aimed at the pinball community to some degree.

Sure to get the backing but it is a love story with the pinball championships as a background (the story was a life story of one of the writers except he didn't have the courage during his college years to actually hit on the girl that played pinball) .. sounds like a chick flick to me.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
SquidVicious said:
REVOLUTION said:
They showed the movie in its entirety at Expo last year but I couldn't stay to watch it. It does look bad though...

Actually at EXPO they showed the enhanced tralier (theatrical trailer) as well ... to the best of my knowledge it hasn't fully aired anywhere yet but it will be a a few movie festivals.

ahh.. well like I said, I didn't stick around. :) My bad.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
REVOLUTION said:
SquidVicious said:
REVOLUTION said:

ahh.. well like I said, I didn't stick around. :) My bad.
no worries I was volunteering at the PPE seminars and had to stay ... it wasn't very enjoyable :( .. luckily that meant I went no where near it at EXPO but I remember them saying the trailer was all the had at that time.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
you know we'll all still watch it given the chance ;)

pinball = good
donut = good
girls = good

what's not to like?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Haven't you guys ever watched some good ol' brainless programming?
We'll watch super bad horror flicks and reality TV for God's sake.

When did everyone turn into a thespian? LOL!

Hey, is this a Canadian production?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
DRANO said:

I don't :D

Nope not Canadian.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
DRANO said:

Nope it's a San Fran indy project that was a kickstarter project ... as per AB most of the funding came thru the pinball community
(scary thing was alot of the group out in Cali seemed okay with it ...)

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
I think they're giving out copies of the movie as prizes at PAPA next month.

First place gets 1 copy of the movie
Second place gets 3 copies.

:D :D :D

P.S. See what's coming out of my dog in my avatar ? That's more fun to watch than this movie will be.