• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball at Joseph Brant Museum in Burlington

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Friend heard this on the radio.

https://museumsofburlington.ca/events/#modal

Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball
The first special exhibition in the Showcase Gallery at the Joseph Brant Museum, is the Canadian premiere of Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. The interactive exhibition features rock-themed, playable pinball machines alongside merchandise and artifacts related to artists and bands. The exhibition runs from October 6 to January 12 and is included in the cost of regular museum admission, $10/adult, $6/children, $8/senior/student, free for children under 3. Two pinball tokens are included with admission, additional tokens are available for purchase.

Reactions: CJBob and WARLOCK

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I'd be curious to hear how your visit went, I'm in Burlington every now and then and could drop in pretty easily.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Can anybody report back as to what games are available and their condition, etc. Thinking of going but only if I think it is worthwhile.

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
Totally worthwhile. I went yesterday afternoon and had the whole exhibition to myself. All machines are pretty much in pristine condition as would be expected I suppose at a museum. They are all led’d, have Titan rubbers and for some reason mostly black flipper bats, so not exactly original but very playable. Alice Cooper and Tommy were my absolute faves but a good selection overall. I only had and hour but will definitely be heading back. They currently have:
Bally Wizard
Tommy
Elvis
Beatles
Beat Time
Captain Fantastic
Aerosmith
Metallica
(Didn’t play these do not sure which model)
Rolling Stones
ACNC
AC/DC Pro
Dolly Parton
Bally Kiss
Stern Kiss

Reactions: Pinballer

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Thanks for the information. Might go this Friday as I have never played Alice Cooper. Is that game 3 balls for a dollar ?

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
$10 entry into the museum and all games are on free play. The exhibit is just to the left of the ticket counter- can’t miss it. It usually closes at 4 though except I think Thursdays, so check the hours and give yourself plenty of time.
Enjoy!

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
Pinball and beer night tomorrow Friday the 13th. $40 entry gets you free play from 7-10, 2 beers, souvenir glass, appetizers, door prizes. Wish I could go!

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
They are having an IFPA sanctioned event on the 21st as well. Details from the website linked above:

Game On! Pinball Tournament
Join guest host, Jeff Teolis from Pinball Profile for a fun night out at Joseph Brant Museum. We will be using our exhibition, Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland as our play space. All machines will be in play for the tournament (14 total). Players will be randomly assigned opponents and a pinball machine to play a match.

Not a pinball wizard? No worries, this is a friendly competition- all skill levels are welcome!

This event is sanctioned by the IFPA (International Flipper Pinball Association). Top scores will be posted on their website. Prizes will be given to the top 3 scorers.

Registration limited to 40 people, sign up before December 14. Snacks provided. $25/person

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Just got back after playing pinball for 3 hours, very enjoyable, and a great deal at $10 and all games on free play. Just a few issues but really nothing to complain about given that I had the whole place almost to myself. All games are very clean, playfields are almost spotless and nicely waxed and the balls in very good condition. Some minor issues, the spotlights on the ceiling seem to create a fair amount of glare on most of the games. Alice Cooper is not working, seems like a software/computer issue. Kiss Stern , ball lock in Gene Simmons not working. Upper flipper on Elvis not working. Aerosmith tilts too easily, happened twice and I have a light touch, no other games tilted with my regular game play. In my opinion the best three games for playing enjoyment were AC DC, Metallica and The Who's Tommy. I might go back it was very enjoyable to play the games in relatively peace and quiet and just hear the sounds from the game in play, other that the screen display that they have constantly running in loop about Pinball (wish that was at a lower volume). I also enjoyed seeing some of the Rock stuff , like Alice Cooper's electric chair from the 1970 tour, it is just made from 2x4's some lights and plywood, those were the days when special effects could be effective on a low budget.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Sounds like my home collection :) Who owns these games? I assume they are on loan and it is not a permanent collection. Thanks.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
I don't know who owns these machines. Does anybody know if Alice Cooper is working again ? I might go again. I can always call but figure a member would better know if it is working properly as compared to the front desk receptionist.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
I went again and Alice Cooper was working but acting up. It was rebooting almost after every game. Fun pin but was expecting it to play more of the classic Cooper songs. A little disappointed with the game flow and background music choices. The museum obviously can't keep up with the required maintenance aspect of pins. This time an additional problem was that one of the flippers on AC DC was not working, needless to say not worth playing. Still well worth the $10 to play many games on Metallica, Tommy and Alice Cooper.