• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Parts - Not quite sellable but not quite trash......

lemmings418

Jun 27, 2021
Hamilton
Hi all,

Been getting back into the hobby the past year or so after a long absence.

When I collected 20 years or so ago, some parts that were a little less than "pristine" had value since availability of parts and repros aren't what they are today.

I remember seeing asks on R.G.P. for ANY slingshot plastics, cracked or otherwise, since replacements were hard to come by.

So with that being said, what is the appetite today for parts that aren't sellable nor are they trash?

Do people still want these items? Post and see if someone wants to take them?

For example:
Replaced some legs many years ago. The old ones may have marks, a bit of rust, etc? Worth offering or recycle the metal and call it a day?
Plastics with some imperfections?
Clear plastics that may be yellowed?

I also have a few unused ring kits in this category as well as NIB incandescent bulbs.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
I hate to see any of this stuff trashed, even if it has some wear and tear. There was a time where people couldn't give away CRT TVs and there were recycling programs all over... now people are paying big bucks for CRT TVs because they are useful for many things.

If you have the space to keep them I say keep them around, there will always be someone eventually who needs it.