• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PAPA Pinball Video Search Tool

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
i'm currently addicted to watching PAPA tutorials and tournament footage and i saw this nifty little website posted to /r/pinball on Reddit by the developer.

http://papa.flipperliste.at/

essentially it's a link aggregator which allows you to search all public PAPA videos by player, machine or event name. if it's tournament footage, it will link you directly to the actual game during the tournament (rather than having to skip through hours of video footage to find what you're looking for).

thought i'd share for any PAPA video fans out there!

Reactions: bstock

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
That is great! I'll have to check this out more closely later. I found it frustrating trying to find specific game footage in the more recent videos as they were only posted by event. Thanks for this info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoolock

Jan 21, 2015
N/A
Thanks for posting. I am the developer of that video search site, and it's nice to see others find it useful, too.

Just to clarify: It's not actually a link aggregator per se, in that there isn't some bot pulling in random videos that seem relevant – it's all done pretty much manually, so all the PAPA material is correctly tagged with player, machine and event info.

As for the official PAPA video search, it is indeed pretty slow, and the results provided are often not all that relevant to the search. That's the main reason I did this, and there's a reasonable chance something like this might be used for the official PAPA video search in the future (no ETA, but I've been talking to Mark about implementing this for PAPA).

Reactions: bstock

Hoolock

Jan 21, 2015
N/A
Nice, Adam, I bow before your alphanumerical superiority.

In all seriousness, though, cool to meet some of the guys I spent some time on tagging them in the videos.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I can thank my parents for that they almost guaranteed I'm first in most alphabetical lists.

If it's by first name I got the A's coversed and by Last name the B's

But seriously nice work with the search that must have been some tedious shit ;)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Just gave this a try. Awesome search tool. Papa should definitely think about incorporating this into their website. In the meantime this one is being bookmarked. Thanks Hoolock!

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Just checked this out. Love it. I have watched a million hours of Papa footage but havent watched much in the last 6 months. I think this tool will cause me to get back into video watching action!