• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Official appraisal for pinball machines.

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
I'm switching insurance companies in my new company is asking if I have an appraisal for the values I claim on my machines.

Has anyone here been there done that and can recommend an appraiser ?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
That’s odd. My insurer doesn’t give a rat’s ass what’s in the house. They only care about total value. I just need to make sure my value covers the content of the house, including the games.

Reactions: Pharoah007

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I would suggest the current pinside listed value when you look up each machine.
There's a replacement value in USD based on current sales.
Or just take a drive to Kingston and take pics of the ones in the retail showroom and scare the hell out of them.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
That’s odd. My insurer doesn’t give a rat’s ass what’s in the house. They only care about total value. I just need to make sure my value covers the content of the house, including the games.
I had the same conversation with mine. Overall contents is insured at $X, so the pins fall under that. Just make sure you can prove what you owned though, and hope you never have to deal with replacement.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Many years ago my insurer once even sent someone to verify that I "DO" have 14 pinball machines in my basement, they did'nt believe me and thought I was making it up.
At the time I had 2 Jousts, Rat Race, Catacomb, Banzai Run, Hyper Ball, Sea Hunt, TZ, Euromat, USA Football, Viza War, SWEP1, Orbitor 1 and another one I don't remember.
Sold them all when I met my new wife.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Many years ago my insurer once even sent someone to verify that I "DO" have 14 pinball machines in my basement.
Sold them all when I met my new wife.
Funny. I sold all mine when I got rid of my old wife. Found a pinball loving gf. Got a bunch a pins back with her consent. Now we are getting married in Nov.

Reactions: ALJO