• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Nitro Pinball comes east

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I remember hearing at one point that P1 had exclusivity on Stern in Canada, and that Nitro had to get their Stern stock through them. Is that not true anymore?
Tommy used to refer me back to Jerry everytime I inquired about a Stern. He said P1 had exclusivity in Eastern Canada at the time.

Something changed.

Reactions: Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Tommy used to refer me back to Jerry everytime I inquired about a Stern. He said P1 had exclusivity in Eastern Canada at the time.

Something changed.
OK, so not something I'm just imagining. They're clearly on the list though, so maybe that means Stern is open to more dealers in Canada now? Probably oversimplifying a lot, but I do wonder whether any of it has to do with Gary not being in charge anymore. The exclusive territory thing is an old school idea, so new blood might have changed that? I'm still fine dealing with P1-they're offering discounts on NIB games to TOPL members, and they've been good to us from a hosting perspective in their showroom. Competition keeps everyone honest though.

PhilouFelin

Jan 30, 2023
Quebec
I remember hearing at one point that P1 had exclusivity on Stern in Canada, and that Nitro had to get their Stern stock through them. Is that not true anymore?
That's not true and never has been. In the past, there was territory exclusivity, Nitro had the west and P1 had the East. This time is now over and we can cover all Canada at Nitro Pinball!

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
That's not true and never has been. In the past, there was territory exclusivity, Nitro had the west and P1 had the East. This time is now over and we can cover all Canada at Nitro Pinball!

Yes, that was my understanding also talking to Tommy.

Competition is always a positive. Thanks for posting.

PhilouFelin

Jan 30, 2023
Quebec
Sh*t! Forgot about that. 14.975% Tax :(
...and 800km from Toronto, each way.
I wonder how much shipping will be from there to Toronto.
Hey ZoomZoom,

If the buyer is in Ontario, only the HST will be charged, not taxes from Province of Quebec.

For shipment, I can cover a large territory in Ontario for less than 200$! It's a little bit more expensive in the northwestern Ontario, but it's still pretty decent. I have a partnership with a very reliable transporter allowing me to have very competitive prices!

PhilouFelin

Jan 30, 2023
Quebec
No we can't, a pin I was interested went up $1870 :(

I'm still happy to see more option in the East.
Congrats to Nitro and Phil.
Hey ExportZ,

When I sell a machine in Ontario, I charge only Ontario Taxes (HST 13%), not taxes from Province of Quebec (15%). Moreover, my shipping rates are very competitive.