• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

NIB pricing Sept 2022

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Prices…wow. Simply for reference:

X-men Pro NIB in Oct 2012 taxes in was CDN$5,300 (delivered). No shaker. Adjusted That would be $6,650 today (2022).
Tron LE NIB in July 2011 taxes in was CDN$6700 (delivered). No shaker. Adjusted That would be $8500 today (2022).

So prices are more than 50% higher than if just adjusted for inflation. Life is good for Stern Which reflects supply and demand.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
You forgot to take into account rise of workforce costs, as well as parts prices have also gone up for Stern. While I do think they are raking in better profits, I don't think it's as much as you are saying. :)

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Well, inflation reflects all increased costs but doesn’t mean everything has gone up the same. But that been said workforce costs have gone up the least as wages have not been keeping up with inflation for a long time. For sure Stern is not making all that extra as profit but their profit margins are significantly higher. i am sure their costs for their high talent pool (designers, artists, software development) have increased because they have improved significantly in these areas so some of the extra revenues pays for that.