• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Member Saying Hi :)

Jaraplus519

Dec 9, 2021
London, ON
Good Morning Everyone,

New member here, I was referred to this site from a friend on Facebook, and member here, as I have been in search of my first Pin to bring home.

Over the past few years I have gotten back into gaming a lot more, being home all the time helps with that :)

I started with arcade 1ups, then have since moved on to more sturdy 3/4 machines. One is a flat pack kit from game room solutions, and the other is a custom MDF 3/4 Nintendo replica, that I purchase for a steal, as the person who started it didn't want to finish it. After I finished those I bought a table top v pin shell from Derek @ Woodstock custom Arcades, which is no complete and running pinball emporium, which has been really fun...

Until last month when I went to tilt in London for the first time, and got to play some real pins! This is the first time I have touched a real pinball machine in a few years, and boy did I forget how much fun real pinball was. My friends with me at the time were giving me the gears, as they couldn't pull me away from the pinball machines LOL

Right now my game room is not together, as I have some renos going on, my cabinets wedged into one room and vpin in the basement, where the arcade room will ultimately be. Plus I have an OG Ms. Pacman at my work that needs to be restored, saved it from going to the dump.

Here are my top 5 wants for a Pinball table

1) Austin Powers
2) Simpsons 1990 Data East
3) ACDC
4) Attack from Mars
5) The Getaway - High speed 2

Ambitious list I know, I'll likely will end up with a lower cost machine to fill the gap for now.

Attachments

• 20200306_135009.jpg
    20200306_135009.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200920_160353.jpg
    20200920_160353.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211212_130326.jpg
    20211212_130326.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211015_092636[1].jpg
    20211015_092636[1].jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: WARLOCK

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Welcome to the new obsession! Best advice I can give you is to get out and play more games. Leagues/tournaments are slowly starting to come back, so you might want to check out the London and maybe Tri-cities leagues (K/W/Cambridge) depending on how far you want to travel. There are some amazing collections to be played for sure. Not sure how many lower cost machines there are these days, but with enough cash, anything is attainable.

Jaraplus519

Dec 9, 2021
London, ON
Welcome to the new obsession! Best advice I can give you is to get out and play more games. Leagues/tournaments are slowly starting to come back, so you might want to check out the London and maybe Tri-cities leagues (K/W/Cambridge) depending on how far you want to travel. There are some amazing collections to be played for sure. Not sure how many lower cost machines there are these days, but with enough cash, anything is attainable.
Thanks Chris,

That is great advice, and I have been playing everything I can get my hands on :)

I had no idea there were leagues, and is something I am going to look into for sure.