• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Machine Opinions

T-1000

Feb 5, 2021
Kingston Ontario
I have been thinking of changing up my lineup since is been the same for many years. Just hoping to get some opinions on new games. Been thinking about Star Wars , Ninja Turtles or Hot Wheels. I have two 9 year old boys so kinda looking to get something they will be interested in. I didn't put Jurassic Park in the list because I own the DE version. Only newer stern I have played is Aerosmith I actually enjoyed it but not sure what my boys would think of it. I am in kingston so no real options to find newer ones to try around here.

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Hey T-1000,
Welcome to Pinrev!
It’s really hard when it comes to getting the younger ones into pinball. If they already have an interest that’s awesome! Keep to themes that they like for sure. Turtles is known to be a difficult game. Star Wars is a great choice
and Hot Wheels seems to be good bang for your buck especially if it’s a theme they (and you) would like.
No easy answers here unfortunately. I generally try to make sure it’s something I will like because at the end of the day you will probably be playing it the most. Hope this helps.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Find a place that has a bunch and let them try them. Before you put down $$$ and find out they don't think a certain game. Lots of collectors and places to play likely in Ottawa area.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
I will let others reply on those Star Wars differences between the Pro/Premium.

But if you are looking for a family game (since you have 2 younger boys), I think you would do well with SpiderMan, Turtles or Ghostbusters. I would add Deadpool to the mix, but it depends on how appropriate you feel that game is.

There's also the Mandalorian, but you would need to get on that NIB bandwagon!

That advice about playing some games, if you can find them in your area, is a good one! But if you cannot find them, have a sit with the kids in front of YouTube and watch a few games being played - you will quickly see what they like! For example, I did not know how much my girlfriend and daughter felt a WoZ should be our next game!! Lol

Edited: Star Trek is also quite fun! There is a Spiderman, Turtles and Star Trek posted right now. Just saying.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I would go turtles (pre or le) Unless SW is cheap. There are quite a few SW pins (not all have hyperloop), easy to get lost in the crowd (especially at flip time).
Hot Wheels doesn't come up often. But is the rarest of your choices. It would be my guess as the one that would be worth the most 5+ years down the road.