• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB mylar magnet protector

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
If that's the only thing you need, you might 'wanna email/call 'em to see if they could just pop it in an envelope with some cardboard or something on either side and give you a better shipping rate. Don't know if they'll do it but it couldn't hurt to ask, right? Here's the contact info. from the site:

margaret@pinballlife.com
1-847-515-3415

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I've got a vinyl cutter I picked up recently and some rolled up mylar somewhere, it would be interesting to try and cut one myself. If you've got exact measures I could give it a go and send you one. I don't have any games with a a magnet right now so I can't test/measure myself. I just read the measurements on pinball life, I'll give it a go if you'd like to try what I come up with?

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
Pbl description says

This clear magnet mylar protector is pre-cut to 2-1/4" diameter with a 3/4" cutout in the middle to protect the wood around a magnet core

I have discussed with a few pin heads and some say that it won't stay because of the way the ball stops so abruptly on that spot but I think I might still want to give it a try. Anybody have any luck removing mylar of it doesn't hold?

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I’m happy to cut one for you and see what you think... there is adhesive on the back so depending on how long you leave it on will dictate the see effort to remove. A little isopropyl should clean it up if applied to a clean, clear coated finish, with no paint coming off before applying it.

With that said I’ve used Cliffy carbon protectors on a previous game I’ve owned with magnets, MET.

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
I've heard mixed results with cliffys and them getting destroyed around magnets. Some people recommend cliffys some people recommend mylar. I'm on the fence for both but mylar is cheaper to try first.