• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My Newest Edition

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I've had this a couple of weeks now just to busy to post. My NIB XMEN, my 2nd NIB this year and well worth it.

This game is fast, I thought Tron was fast until I played this. I love how the bad guys have energy bars like in a video game, awesome, I love it! I bought this game from Brock over at pinball Customs. He's really nice guy. He gave me a good price and the first one I received was a lemon with tons of problems. I told Brock and he contacted Starburst for me and got me another NIB XMEN and took care of everything for me (the second one was good). Really good customer service from him. I recommend buying from Brock if you haven't already!

Anyway I love this game but on 5 ball I can't even break 40,000,000. I do suck, but man I can get 100,000,000 in Tron at least, XMEN is a pretty hard game. Does anyone on here have a good high score?

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Congrats!

Fun game with lots of speed and flow.
I prefer the PRO on this one for sure.

This and TRON will make you a better player in no time.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
movingpictures said:
Congrats!

Fun game with lots of speed and flow.
I prefer the PRO on this one for sure.

This and TRON will make you a better player in no time.

I wish. If only there was someone that gave pinball tutoring lessons, I am just not getting better it seems.
Yah, Brock warned me the Pro was better. Good advice it seems.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Anyway I love this game but on 5 ball I can't even break 40,000,000.

Enjoy the game-there's supposedly another code update coming soon. If you want to do better, start stacking heroes/villans. I usually go for something like Sentinels + wolverine, storm + hellfire/brotherhood, and then maybe one of each with magneto MB (although ideally you have all heroes before then).

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Chris Bardon said:
Anyway I love this game but on 5 ball I can't even break 40,000,000.

Enjoy the game-there's supposedly another code update coming soon. If you want to do better, start stacking heroes/villans. I usually go for something like Sentinels + wolverine, storm + hellfire/brotherhood, and then maybe one of each with magneto MB (although ideally you have all heroes before then).

The ball drains down the sides are insane! I will have to adjust the posts so they're closer together. Or is it just my bad playing why they drain down the sides so often?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice addition!
Make sure to check you have the latest code running on it.
God knows what it's running right out of the box?

The last update was a huge improvement. And your scores will reflect this too ;)

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
DRANO said:
Nice addition!
Make sure to check you have the latest code running on it.
God knows what it's running right out of the box?

The last update was a huge improvement. And your scores will reflect this too ;)

The build date on the back of the machine is April 2013. The code version is 1.05. Is 1.06 out yet?

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
quarter grabber said:
I wish. If only there was someone that gave pinball tutoring lessons, I am just not getting better it seems.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

After 10,000 hours you should start to see some serious improvement :D

Also, check out pinball 101.
It's on the itunes store.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I've not watched any real tutorials, but I'm amazed how much better my game has gotten. Anticipating the ball better, nuanced flips to pass the ball back and forth. I'm not great, but from playing a few thousand games at home, it's bound to make a difference.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
frolic said:
I've not watched any real tutorials, but I'm amazed how much better my game has gotten. Anticipating the ball better, nuanced flips to pass the ball back and forth. I'm not great, but from playing a few thousand games at home, it's bound to make a difference.

Well thank you! That gives me hope!