• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My first flipper rebuild

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Didn't happen. Kids refused to nap. Lol.

I did however clean the contacts, and coil sleeve. Also changed the coil stop for a new one...made a huge difference (lots more flipper power)! Wonder if its worth doing the full job?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
If nothing is broken or worn, often a new coil sleeve, coil stop, return spring and adjusting the end of stroke switch so it doesn't engage too early is all you need.
Also, inspect the flipper bushing and bat for cracks.
New coils are expensive and usually not required. If the old coil sleeve is stuck, this could point to a swollen/bad coil, but otherwise just change the sleeve.

I think this was my first major repair as well.
Congrats.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Yup - I've had my High Speed for 18 months now - I wiped out the play count last battery change, but I'm sure it's more than quite a few.

Gonna be doing the same thing. Be careful with those switches - my first flipper rebuild resulted in a lost sale when my lower Flash Gordon flipper was going beautifully, but the upper wasn't working at all anymore.

At least I didn't set it on fire.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Thanks folks!
Yup, I changed the flipper bats as well. The old ones were fine, but each was a different shade of yellow, and it's bugged me for years :)