• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My basement gameroom

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I started a blog documenting everything. My basement is not big, the house was build in 1920. No way they envisioned pinballs down there ;-).

http://www.frolicsarcade.com

I rented a storage locker to clear some more stuff to be able to squeeze a 5th down there. I hope to move within a year though.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Chris,
Your gameroom is looking good. Thanks for sharing. It was great to meet you and put name to face at Adam's on the weekend.
All the best with finding more space in your basement.
Scott

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks good Chris and glad I got to see you again last Saturday at Adam's and sorry couldn't make it last Sunday. Not sure 2 back to back pinball days would have gone over too well with the wife and besides had to take my mother in-law out to do some last minute errands before she left to go back home for 2 months in the Phillipines. Anyways, interesting blog and look forward to see what your 5th addition will be. I was going to guess The Getaway as I saw you on that game most of the time at Adam's. Anyways, if you have a list of games in mind let me know as I come across pins all the time like your TSPP ;)

Also another thing you might want to keep in mind is DE/Sega games are much taller so they might not clear your basement ceiling. You can see my GNR next to WH20 here for side by side height comparison.

7215883230_9550d8cfc6_c.jpg

I think you can maybe find shorter legs or remove the front leg levelers and dial the ones in the back all the way down like I did for WH20 to clear the topper.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Tim, the blog is new, I backdated the posts. It will be fun to keep track of the changes as time goes on.

Scott, good to meet you at Adam's.

Mike, good seeing you as well :).

I'm leaning towards ACDC Premium. I've found that I prefer newer machines.

I do like Getaway quite a bit, but older games like that will have to wait for my next house with more room.

After ACDC.... I'll consider Star Trek. I'm in on Predator but I don't see getting that until 2014 and I'll probably have moved by then. BHZA I also don't expect till 2014.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
frolic said:
I backdated the posts. It will be fun to keep track of the changes as time goes on.

You forgot to backdate an entry for the minor flood you had around the Feb 27th-28th when we had that last big snow fall. I remember you emailed me the youtube link and I was :shock: :eek: :(

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice blog Chris.
Wish I had done something like that to capture my collection as it greww. Too late now... but with my new gameroom soon to be a reality, maybe this is another opportunity :)