• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Metallica Master of Puppets LE Price Check

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
Someone was over checking out my Star Wars for sale and couldn't take their eyes of Metallica Master of Puppets LE...not really for sale but at the right price maybe. If I could turn it into a couple pros it would be tempting.

Machine is stock other than a color LCD DMD and a fangs for the Snake
Clean, everything works, led's, new rubber ect.
106/500 if that matters

Thoughts on price? thanks, appreciate the advice

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
Metallica was available NiB when the dollar was par.
Just saying.
Just saying what?
Also, Master of Puppets LE, there were 500 of them

I'm asking what its worth now not in 2012 the last time the dollar was at par...If you could go back to 2012 everything would be worth less. While you are there buy some google and amazon stock.

Last edited:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Best pin investment I have seen.
You can do better than break even on the right recent title.
I wonder if Deadpool or Godzilla will be that good that far down the road.

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
Awesome, thanks guys

Impossible to say what anything is going to be worth in 10 years but with a highly popular theme, highly rated pin, and only 500 table production run its really not very surprising. I certainly didn't buy it NIB

Last edited:

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I haven't followed MET game sales for a couple of years but I know the MOP was always in demand and fetched more, I like to think luch's estimates are always high, but I'm mostly in denial :) If any MET is going to top $10K this would be the one! But north of $15K? My goodness, sell it and grab a couple of Pro's! Heck even a MET Pro and a modern used Stern would be good and you'd still have your MET fix.

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
Pro's with a few mods fetch close to 10k let alone an LE
I knew it was well above that...500 made, how many still remain in great condition?

going to sleep on it a few nights

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I am curious as well, but I'm not ready to sell, still loving mine. I'm thinking if you can get 16k for a R&M, then a Met LE should fetch near 18k.
Shoot high and let the market decide.

Reactions: Paul and dino7c

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
I am curious as well, but I'm not ready to sell, still loving mine. I'm thinking if you can get 16k for a R&M, then a Met LE should fetch near 18k.
Shoot high and let the market decide.
I love mine too, its tempting to sell it and get a Met Pro and another pin

One problem though, its not like I can just go out and buy a Met Pro or anything else for that matter right now. Not much out there for a buyer right now. I have no desire to sell just for cash and not buy more pins.

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
I haven't followed MET game sales for a couple of years but I know the MOP was always in demand and fetched more, I like to think luch's estimates are always high, but I'm mostly in denial :) If any MET is going to top $10K this would be the one! But north of $15K? My goodness, sell it and grab a couple of Pro's! Heck even a MET Pro and a modern used Stern would be good and you'd still have your MET fix.
Met Pro is $10k these days. Nice playing ones with mods I’d lean towards $12k.

dino7c

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary
$12K met pro? I couldn't sell it fast enough if someone was willing to pay that... if I still had one.
But you don't, that is the thing...there are none for sale. There is one on Pinside for $7900 USD, add currency and Canadian premium

Reactions: Paul

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
$12K met pro? I couldn't sell it fast enough if someone was willing to pay that... if I still had one.
New Stern Pro Games sell for $10,000 new now and it does not take much to add $1000-$2000 in extras and mods making a pro easily worth $11,000-$12,000. Mirror blades alone at $150+shipping. A basic Spike 2 Pro of course is not worth $12,000 but a nicely modded one I would agree with Spikedbat all day long. Older games would be a harder sell above $10,000 even with a lot of mods IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: dino7c