• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Lost keys... Any suggestions

SteveShady

Apr 1, 2018
Bowmanville
So, a friend of mine had to find a spot for his Freddy a Nightmare on Elm Street and I've gladly given it a home. When he delivered it he said "I've lost the keys, you'll have to drill them out" but I'd rater not do that if at all possible. Anybody have any suggestions for "picking' the rotary style "vending machine" locks?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Rosco

Sep 22, 2017
Oakville
On most machines you can also remove the tamper proof screws on both sides of the lock and it falls out . you will need to get the tamper proof screw bit or driver.

Reactions: goodmanners

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
One time I had a lock that was such a pain to drill. Broke a couple of bits. I was so fed up that I went and grabbed my big corded BOSCH hammer drill (the kind that needs two hands to operate and looks like a small jackhammer). Needless to say it made short work of that lock. It was overkill but it provided some much needed stress relief :mad:

SteveShady

Apr 1, 2018
Bowmanville
One time I had a lock that was such a pain to drill. Broke a couple of bits. I was so fed up that I went and grabbed my big corded BOSCH hammer drill (the kind that needs two hands to operate and looks like a small jackhammer). Needless to say it made short work of that lock. It was overkill but it provided some much needed stress relief :mad:
Drano, you just game me a great idea: I'll get out my cutting torches! lol