• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

London Pinball League

speedythepunk

Nov 29, 2012
Next LOPL is at my place on Saturday July 13.....Adam is more then welcome to participate as well as any other pinheads in our community. More details can be had by a PM. Thanks! Mike

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
atariaction said:
no adam becker rule in effect :) actually i heard you were thinking of implementing the no becker rule in TOPL :)

Attendance restrictions, yes, we can't keep having 40 people showing up at people's place week after week, it's getting a little out of hand.

So assuming attendance remains steady for the rest of the season, next season we are going to look at closing membership, and creating a waiting list.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Vengeance said:
atariaction said:
no adam becker rule in effect :) actually i heard you were thinking of implementing the no becker rule in TOPL :)

Attendance restrictions, yes, we can't keep having 40 people showing up at people's place week after week, it's getting a little out of hand.

So assuming attendance remains steady for the rest of the season, next season we are going to look at closing membership, and creating a waiting list.

ahhh yes for sure. we may have to do the same but think we should be ok for the summer months at least

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Vengeance said:
When is that London tournament that I was going to be able to participate in? :p

Hey adam that tournament i told you i was trying to put together fell apart. The vendor who owns the games i was trying to use is an idiot and all the games are busted in one way or another. Also the guy has shown no interest in fixing them. And myself only owning one machine am not really in a position to fill a venue. Also that would have been nothing to do with lopl. If thats what your referring to anyway.

Unless anyone in the london area is interested in putting a machine or two in a location for tournament use only??? Lol
Pm me if you are because ive got a business owner very eager to cater to a tourny

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
JeffM said:
Vengeance said:
When is that London tournament that I was going to be able to participate in? :p

Hey adam that tournament i told you i was trying to put together fell apart. The vendor who owns the games i was trying to use is an idiot and all the games are busted in one way or another. Also the guy has shown no interest in fixing them. And myself only owning one machine am not really in a position to fill a venue. Also that would have been nothing to do with lopl. If thats what your referring to anyway.

Unless anyone in the london area is interested in putting a machine or two in a location for tournament use only??? Lol
Pm me if you are because ive got a business owner very eager to cater to a tourny

ooooo THATS what you guys are talking about. i thought you were talking about LOPL. we can see if someone one wants to host a turny at their home maybe.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Our July league night was another great time, this time at Mike T's place (damn there are a lot of Mike's :D). Great turnout as always a great to see some new members too - welcome Jason and Darrell, hope to see you at some more events to come.

Keep an eye on the site for upcoming events - look forward to seeing you all again at the next one.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Hello again from LOPL.

The August league night was held last night at Ray's place (thanks Ray). A smaller turn out this month but not surprising with all the summer vacations this time of year. That being said, we added two new members last night - welcome Amanda and Tim, looking forward to seeing you at future events!

Had great fun with Ray's lineup, and was really impressed with his Twilight Zone restoration - great work Ray!

See you all at the next one!

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
While many are attending the Ottawa Pinball Show, LOPL had their league night for the month of September with tonight's host being El Presidente Mike. Now that the pool table is sold (it was taking up valuable pinball space), new additions to the lineup included Judge Dredd, Doctor Who and Hollywood Heat.

Head over to the website for tonights scores and the overall standings at http://www.incitti.com/pinball/lopl/ and check the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/LOPL-Lon ... 09?fref=ts for pictures from the night's events, including Mike's belated birthday celebrations (nice cake!)

Playoffs are coming, so make sure to get out to the next league night coming soon.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
What better way to end the LOPL regular season last night then with the best turnout yet with 34 in attendance! More teams than machines to play! Thanks again to Mike H for hosting (great Grim Reaper btw).

Look to the LOPL website for updated scores as well as info on the upcoming playoffs.
http://www.incitti.com/pinball/lopl/

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
That was a great 1st ever LOPL playoff event Saturday night. Thanks to Aaron our host who worked tirelessly for weeks to upgrade electrical and renovate the games room JUST in time for the event. Sixteen players competed for the title and the trophy. Aaron took the event down. Tough to beat him normally and especially with home field advantage. All had fun and the event was a success.

LOPL will be taking some time off over Christmas, but will be starting our second season in January. Keep an eye on your email for updates. If you're interested in joining us next season, send our President Mike D (atariaction) a PM to get on the email list.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
The First league night of season 2 was a great success. We had 24 players show from as far away as Cambridge, Oakville, Ancaster, Komoka and Mt Brydges and as short a distance as next door! There were seven new members as well! 2014 is looking to be a great year for LOPL!