• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

kiji $2100 F14 perfect condition with LED's looks like a scam, asking for deposit

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Note, I changed the title to clarify to anyone that did not see the kijiji add. He (Bob) strung me along, then asked for a deposit, even though I was willing to drive there right away with the full amount of cash.

Last edited:

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
At the end of all this back and forth I let him know, that he has been reported to kijiji and then he had the nerve to respond that I am the type of person that gives kijiji a bad name, WTF. I let him know that they are a crook and should be ashamed of themselves. I hope this person is not a member of the pinball revolution. This scam comes up regularly with regard to pinball machines.

Last edited:

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Very unlikely. I was going to drop by right then and there. He claimed to be only available around 5pm. Then wanted a deposit. The thing that I found odd, is this time the kijij account had not been set up the day before, but several years ago ?

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Let's get real, you were willing to lay out the time and gas money to head right over.
Gas to drive there is my deposit.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Wonder if there's a way to manipulate how long you've been on Kijiji?
Did some clicking and one of the reviews he's got is from a person on Kijiji for......*drum roll*......52 years.

RoyalG

Nov 5, 2021
Toronto
Well I posted an ad for a pin I was trying to sell and a bunch of (I can only assume pin people) started messaging me calling me a scammer and must have reported to Kijiji and had my ad taken down and had my kijiji account shut down. Now I can not post anymore ads.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Did some clicking and one of the reviews he's got is from a person on Kijiji for......*drum roll*......52 years.
When and what was it?

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Well I posted an ad for a pin I was trying to sell and a bunch of (I can only assume pin people) started messaging me calling me a scammer and must have reported to Kijiji and had my ad taken down and had my kijiji account shut down. Now I can not post anymore ads.
That is very interesting. Were you asking for a deposit ? Sounds like your price must have been well under market value. Most people will hope that they are getting a great deal ( me being one of them) and won't call someone out as a scammer if they just under priced something. To me the red flag is asking for money prior to the buyer being able to receive the machine. So is this pin still available, sounds like it is a great deal. Just kidding but the thought has crossed my mind that maybe you are the kiji pinball scammer playing devils advocate (LOL)?

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Wow, no doubt about it in my mind, this is a scam. He has the nerve to write that there is so much interest that he wants deposits. I wish more people would report this as a scam on kijiji. The add should have been taken down by now.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
I looked at the stats on the reviewers and their subsequent reviewers. Everyone had been on kijiji for 52 years. Kijiji didn't even exist.

RoyalG

Nov 5, 2021
Toronto
That is very interesting. Were you asking for a deposit ? Sounds like your price must have been well under market value. Most people will hope that they are getting a great deal ( me being one of them) and won't call someone out as a scammer if they just under priced something. To me the red flag is asking for money prior to the buyer being able to receive the machine. So is this pin still available, sounds like it is a great deal. Just kidding but the thought has crossed my mind that maybe you are the kiji pinball scammer playing devils advocate (LOL)?
Any pin that is way under valued is always a red flag. I was not asking for a deposit, the price was market price (high like everything else) and it said you could pay when you pick up. I must be really dumb because I still can not figure out which part of that was the scam.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Any pin that is way under valued is always a red flag. I was not asking for a deposit, the price was market price (high like everything else) and it said you could pay when you pick up. I must be really dumb because I still can not figure out which part of that was the scam.
Does not sound like a scam to me. Do you mind letting us know what the game was and how much you were asking ?

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
If you still want to sell your game, there's a thread for this. Provide pics, price and in what shape the game is in. Expect to provide references, or for a buyer to go see the game first.

Last edited:

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
The ad on Kijiji was gone the next day anyway..

Different topic altogether, but what happened to that @WARLOCK post? Can't say I fully understood it, lol, but I wanted to say I'd like a WOZ or Stranger Things myself! First of course would be peace in Ukraine, then the pins..! reminds me of that Steve Martin SNL skit..