• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Judge Dredd $2300

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
I picked it up in Allentown this year while I was looking for a Congo. Didn’t find a Congo, didn't want to come home empty handed and I always wanted to see how this game really plays (as I quite like the theme) so I picked it up. Well, long story short, I found a Congo so I guess this one has to go (promised my wife I would thin the herd a little).

Here is the link to the pictures:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1106...ms/6031631870895665281?authkey=COyF15TVm6PQMQ

It does not have the topper (I’m not a topper guy and the guy had a brand new shinny topper and wanted $200 for it) so I passed on that.

It plays very well and is in pretty nice shape. I gave it a decent cleaning & waxing (without removing too much on the upper playfield). The guy I bought it from owned it for 5+ years and it recently had the DMD controller board High-Voltage section repaired. It does not have any reset issues.

It has the newer GLM opto-board for the dead world – it was installed before I bought it at the Allentown show. The plastics are in great shape and I don’t think any are broken at all. The right ramp is broken in the usual place (lower right) when I bought it so I simply reinforced it with muffler tape (the silver stuff) as a temporary fix until I decided whether or not I was keeping it. If I was keeping it I would buy the Cliffy repair kit.

The playfield is in great shape IMHO. The cabinet is nice (a few minor nicks& scratches) with some fade. The RH side still has a lot of the green, the LH side has more fade (less green) but the red on the front is faded to yellow. The head is good (again the usual rubs but no big chunks taken out). The translite is nice with a few small marks. The inside is clean and doesn’t smell.

The only switch error is #83 which is opto-4 in the trough, however, the Williams code seems to compensates for this and it does not effect the game-play. However, you will not be able to install the dead-world mod until this gets fixed as the game will go “wonky” if all the optos are not working perfectly from what I have read. I took the trough opto-boards off and it looks like someone might have touched the opto-4 with a hot iron at some point.

It is a nice pin and plays great but it is on the short list to go in my medium sized pin collection as I have to thin the heard a little before the Hobbit gets released. (I know could be a long wait but I am hoping not too long!) Not really interested in trades unless you have a nice TFTC or perhaps a WPT.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Tom.

MapleSyrup

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
Re: FS: Judge Dredd $2300

Really fun pin. It's a wide body that actually plays pretty fast. Nice ramp shots, and great art package. GLWS.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Re: FS: Judge Dredd $2300

Agreed. Good pin. I've had 2 JD's that are in the care of other members here now.
Several of us saw this JD in Allentown. Congrats on finding your Congo Tom.

Tom is a great guy and seller. Tells it like it is. Buy with confidence. GLWTS.

The Ottawa Pinball Show is only a month away, so transport options from
Ottawa to the GTA are possible for anyone thinking about this title.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Re: FS: Judge Dredd $2300 (sold pending payment/delivery)

Thanks everyone. Looks like this pin is heading to a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.