• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JP Movie Code update

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Have to admit I havent been on Pinside much this year and I saw this week that the Jurassic Park Movie Code has been updated. This allows you to upgrade to the movie code for the first time and those of us that have had it for a while to update from Stern's 1.03 or 1.05 code. With this update, you can now be back current at 1.11 allowing for a number of very good code enhancements and IC if you enjoy that feature. Recommended for sure.

Last edited:

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
I believe it does, but go to the Pinside thread to know for sure. I do not have IC on my JP, but the code on my machine indicated 1.11.

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Tried out the movie code last night and along with the updates Stern made, it really makes the game that much better.
More call outs that direct you in the game than the previous 1.05 movie code.
But even just the additional music from the movie makes such a huge difference. Any opportunity for more John Williams is good but especially when it comes to his iconic Jurassic Park score.
Thanks again for sharing it Kevin @ritewhereiwant2b !

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Personally I like the music from the movie code but really dislike the clips and callouts. They have NOTHING to do with what's going on in the game. While pretty to look at while not playing, it makes the game feel disjointed.

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Personally I like the music from the movie code but really dislike the clips and callouts. They have NOTHING to do with what's going on in the game. While pretty to look at while not playing, it makes the game feel disjointed.
I hear what you're saying and agree that the older 1.05 movie code was really just "eye candy" if someone wanted a "movie" based JP machine... You needed to know what you were doing for sure...
But I think this latest code did a good job of incorporating the newer callouts that Stern added along with movie versions of the callouts Stern re-recorded.
It's not perfect but I keep two SD cards anyway and flip back and forth depending upon what I'm in the mood for... Either way, I wish Stern licensed more music from movies/shows that they do games for vs. produce original music.

I run modified code on my Star Trek as well because I wanted the Michael Giacchino score that is from the movies referenced in the game.
(That said, the best original music Stern has ever produced was for Deadpool... But that was very much based off the comics not the movies.)

Either way, if you haven't tried this movie code since 1.05, it's worth throwing it on a fresh SD card and checking out... JP is all about kicking your ass with some tough gameplay anyways... ;)