• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Is venom next ?

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I think it look great, ZombieYeti artwork is great for Marvel pins. Brian Eddy makes good games, I look forward to playing it.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Looks interesting-at first glance it seemed like the pro/premium were pretty similar, but the geometry changes actually look more significant. That horseshoe on the pro looks like it can be a horseshoe, ramp from the right, ramp from the left, a dead end from the left, or a scoop from the left. That alone would probably make it worthwhile, but this is a case where I'm looking forward to trying both games to see. Strange that there's that long a delay though. I get that they wanted to show it at SDCC, but I wonder why that didn't coincide with a first run now? Parts not available perhaps? Don't think it'll really hurt sales I suppose, so it probably doesn't matter that much.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Looks interesting-at first glance it seemed like the pro/premium were pretty similar, but the geometry changes actually look more significant. That horseshoe on the pro looks like it can be a horseshoe, ramp from the right, ramp from the left, a dead end from the left, or a scoop from the left. That alone would probably make it worthwhile, but this is a case where I'm looking forward to trying both games to see. Strange that there's that long a delay though. I get that they wanted to show it at SDCC, but I wonder why that didn't coincide with a first run now? Parts not available perhaps? Don't think it'll really hurt sales I suppose, so it probably doesn't matter that much.
Stern is moving to a new plant next month - I suspect that is a big part of it.

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
I was in the market for a pro. I think the game looks great but I won't be pulling the trigger on a new one. I'll probably end up getting a used one down the road.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Forgot to tune into this last night with Jack Danger and Brian Eddy.
So from what I've seen so far that game looks fast. The balls coming out of the stack locks is an interesting touch-can't remember where I've seen this before. Closest I can think of is something like Halloween or Spectrum. I'm also not sure what will happen with league games on this-we might have to make sure that people go onto competition mode to stop someone coming in with a level 99 character that has the wizard mode primed. I think "allow player competition mode" is on by default, just have to remember to use it. Saving progress seems like a fun feature for casual play though. I wasn't paying super close attention to the Carnage toy, but it looks like you have to get it to the top of the ladder in one ball, since it resets between players? I wonder if any progress is saved (and it's just not physically represented)?

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
So from what I've seen so far that game looks fast. The balls coming out of the stack locks is an interesting touch-can't remember where I've seen this before. Closest I can think of is something like Halloween or Spectrum. I'm also not sure what will happen with league games on this-we might have to make sure that people go onto competition mode to stop someone coming in with a level 99 character that has the wizard mode primed. I think "allow player competition mode" is on by default, just have to remember to use it. Saving progress seems like a fun feature for casual play though. I wasn't paying super close attention to the Carnage toy, but it looks like you have to get it to the top of the ladder in one ball, since it resets between players? I wonder if any progress is saved (and it's just not physically represented)?
Game is very fast and can't wait to play one, especially a premium.

I have a couple of friends down at SDCC and they both thought the game was awesome. Brian, Jack D and Gary all down there. Pretty cool.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Seems a little late for a Venom Pin.
The movie was years ago.
May have had better luck with Spider-Verse.
I would still buy Pulp Fiction over Venom on theme alone.
And probably pay less.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Anybody seen how many Venom LE are for sale on Pinside. Not sure I have ever seen so many available LE NIB for sale before. Not a good sign for this new game by Brian Eddie.
I can’t even find it in the top 100 on Pinside. Yikes!!!

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Anybody seen how many Venom LE are for sale on Pinside. Not sure I have ever seen so many available LE NIB for sale before. Not a good sign for this new game by Brian Eddie.
Not enough reviews to be rated yet. So that's why you can't find it.

On location pros are being delivered now and then LE, so the reviews should be going up and should be somewhere within the Top 100.

As for LEs for sale, there were a lot of Bond LE for sale also when it came out. However, the market has slowed down for sure.

Reactions: MoPin

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Maybe it's all the speculators looking to flip LE for profit like past titles before Bond.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
I don’t think they are flippers, many are dealers. Flipping is dead at these prices and a retraction in the economy starting. Never understood why anybody ever paid more than NIB prices for a used pin, especially when they still make them. Impatiences is a costly trait I guess for some.