• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Is there a Wizard of Oz table somewhere in the GTA

MrSG1

Jul 22, 2013
Brampton, ON
I know the Playdium used to have a Wizard of Oz table, I am curious to play it. However, I went there tonight and it was not there. Is there any place in the GTA that has one? I don't call myself a huge player and could not play for hours, which I assume you people do on one credit.

Also I did some searching and I don't mean to come off sounding like an idiot, but was the machine at Playdium a test run? Thanks.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
yes it was a prototype. news to me that it is no longer there.

There are a couple now in collector's homes, but I don't know of any on location of the playdium one is gone. I'm sure it will return though.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
I was at Playdium ( arcade not Starburst ) on Friday last week and there woz no WOZ ( pun intended ). I was a little disappointed cuz I thought it was still there.

Seems like a perfect theme for that place. I wonder what gives.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
MrSG1 said:
I don't call myself a huge player and could not play for hours, which I assume you people do on one credit.

If only you knew the number of games I rack up between "good ones". At a quarter a throw, my machines have probably already paid for themselves. :)

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
nics135 said:
I was told last week they expect to have one at some point in August again.

There will be a non-LE one in Yelverton on Tuesday.

Yelverton...hilarious ! Haven't been through there in a while.

Hopefully they do get another WOZ in there. Me wanna play it.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Alright, there it is !

Maybe I'll take my daughter down this week. Do some go-carts and batting cages, then she can play driving games while I bang WOZ around.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Luckydogg420 said:
Today there was a kijiji add that playdium has woz. 90 rathburn drive

Wizard of Oz HAS ARRIVED!! on Kijiji http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=441841410

Do NOT believe this ad !

Went to Playdium today. There was no WOZ. Repeat, there was no WOZ. Negatory, good buddy. Nada. Nuttin'.

I asked one of the guys on the floor about it and they told me it was "down" but either they were just making it up or they were talking about from when it was there before. The Rolling Stones was also down ( who cares ? ) and I saw it pushed over to the corner, but the WOZ was nowhere in sight.

Herminator

Jul 29, 2013
Kitchener,ON
Do NOT believe this ad !

Went to Playdium today. There was no WOZ. Repeat, there was no WOZ. Negatory, good buddy. Nada. Nuttin'.

I asked one of the guys on the floor about it and they told me it was "down" but either they were just making it up or they were talking about from when it was there before. The Rolling Stones was also down ( who cares ? ) and I saw it pushed over to the corner, but the WOZ was nowhere in sight.

That's The Playdium store that you went to dude, at 70 Ronson Dr.in TO. You want the Playdium at 90 Rathburn W., Mississauga. down by Square One.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Herminator said:
That's The Playdium store that you went to dude, at 70 Ronson Dr.in TO. You want the Playdium at 90 Rathburn W., Mississauga. down by Square One.

Na-uh. Unless the Playdium Store is a giant dark room full of hundreds of redemption games and hundreds of screaming kids, I was at the Playdium in Mississauga.

Trust me, I know my Playdiums.