• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

bstaneland

Oct 16, 2018
Rideau Lakes
I'm Ben.
2 days ago I bought my first pinball machine (I don't feel qualified to be allowed to refer to them as pins yet - maybe soon though). It's Blackout and I paid $300 and the flippers don't work... that's what led me here.
Holy shit I had no idea that pinball was so popular in the Ottawa area - there's a lot of you fuckers.
I live close enough to Ottawa to reference it, but not close enough to visit without making it a day trip, so I'm kinda fucked that way.
Anyway, assuming my use of profanity doesn't get me booted after just one post...
Hey! And here's a pic of my "pin" - I'm sorry, that just feels dumb (I wanted to say it just feels gay, but that wouldn't be very PC even though I mean no disrespect to gay people) to call it a pin - it's like I'm fucking bowling.
Probably not the best way to make friends - make fun of the way they talk - hate me if you want, but I'm not really a dick.
Cheers!

Attachments

• 20181015_142023.jpg
    20181015_142023.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I suspect the gay community is a lot more tolerant than you give them credit for.
Just look at the evidence.... none of them have posted here yet to make fun of you for buying a Blackout :p

I suppose you may not like being referred to as a 'pinhead' either then? But, I think you officially need at least 3 games to attain that title.

Anyway, enjoy your new game and hope you can get it working.
Welcome to the group? o_O

Last edited:

bstaneland

Oct 16, 2018
Rideau Lakes
Thanks man for the welcome.
As far as tollerance is concerned maybe the people in this group are cooler than the simple-minded folks out there that get offended by everything - if so that would be a huge relief.
If Blackout isn't a cool one I don't care - I didn't buy a pinball game to impress anyone. I fuckin love it.
If I had 3+ games and that's why someone called me a pinhead I'd be cool with that.
I hope to get it working - I figure I'll need to find someone here that can come work on it, assuming that's how it's done. I don't want to lug it to Ottawa for service.
So if there's anyone that can come out to Rideau Lakes with tools and parts, please hit me up.

Reactions: kvoxx

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Thanks man for the welcome.
As far as tollerance is concerned maybe the people in this group are cooler than the simple-minded folks out there that get offended by everything - if so that would be a huge relief.
If Blackout isn't a cool one I don't care - I didn't buy a pinball game to impress anyone. I fuckin love it.
If I had 3+ games and that's why someone called me a pinhead I'd be cool with that.
I hope to get it working - I figure I'll need to find someone here that can come work on it, assuming that's how it's done. I don't want to lug it to Ottawa for service.
So if there's anyone that can come out to Rideau Lakes with tools and parts, please hit me up.
Welcome aboard! lol Blackout is a cooler looking game then my first pin Gold Wings :p Any game is a good game and can be enjoyed. Post in the pinball tech support section and describe as best as you can.

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
Hey Everyone , sadly took till now to find this awesome group !! Ive been active on pinside and the klov for years .. i have out 30 arcades and 15 pins ... currently selling off some arcades to some awesome canadian buyers. I am always being more pins :)

Thank you for this great group will be checking in quite often cheers

Reactions: WARLOCK

lakefever

Feb 15, 2020
North Bay On
Good day...I have no pins, in fact the last time I played was 15+ years ago @ Sudbury Science Center, they had a travelling display about the human body. In one area of the display they had these games for the Kids... Off in a lonely corner was a modded elect.mech.pin for the humam organs/body??......... Well started playing it .....pinball sounds abound.... kids gather, parents 10 ft. behind.....a hour later kids were lined up to play this thing..."Mister your good"....stay in school kid. My kids are adults, the last grads. university in April.....so I'll have a little disposable cash ...... time to pin up.. thx Guy

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Good day...I have no pins, in fact the last time I played was 15+ years ago @ Sudbury Science Center, they had a travelling display about the human body. In one area of the display they had these games for the Kids... Off in a lonely corner was a modded elect.mech.pin for the humam organs/body??......... Well started playing it .....pinball sounds abound.... kids gather, parents 10 ft. behind.....a hour later kids were lined up to play this thing..."Mister your good"....stay in school kid. My kids are adults, the last grads. university in April.....so I'll have a little disposable cash ...... time to pin up.. thx Guy
Welcome aboard! Getting your own game is one of the best feelings but don't forget you have plenty of choices now to play pinball in leagues and the community is great for support! leagues and on locations places are always growing. It's a great way to play different games and see what you like if your not sure.

lakefever

Feb 15, 2020
North Bay On
Thanks kvoxx, I have my favs from back in the day and todays games are oh man....sooo good .I"m find myself spending alot of time on youtube checking pins out