• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FT Interest check - Multiple machines for one

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Hi,
this is a long shot, as I guess most people have the same kind of issue I have, but I have too many machines for the space I have. I can't bring myself to selling any one of them, so the only thing I can think of is doing a multiple machines for 1 trade. Why not sell a couple and get a more expensive one with the cash? Because I don't trust myself with a few Ks in my hands not to go and do something responsible with it instead of getting a pin.
So, nothing's off limits although there's some I'd like to hang on to more than others, it all depends on the offers. I wouldn't mind throwing some cash or getting some cash in a deal either. The only rule is I want less machines at the end of the day but keep similar value.
I also have too many projects to keep up as it is, so would prefer no project offers.
I'll take some pictures next week and post some here, first I just want to see if there's any interest at all.

*Edit: Added some estimates of what I think they're worth. Maybe I'm off on some of them you'll see when I post pics next week.*
*Also open for trade for a project I already have against one in great condition (ex. My FT + NS against Top notch FT + cash)

What I have is:
Centigrade 37 - Excellent original shape. Inserts are cupped, but I would say whole machine is a good 7.5/8. Plays perfect with no errors. New rubbers, tumbled/polished every playfield metal part. I have ordered new plates to fix the back leg which you can see in the pics. I will do that in the coming weeks. Back door doesn't look great but I do have it. Est. 1400k$ https://picasaweb.google.com/philgregoi ... N6EtOSH9gE
North Star - Very nice playfield, plays perfect with no errors. Coin door looks good, got new lockdown bar. Backglass is MIA (but still some hope the guy who sold it to me will find it back - don't know the condition though. I'll hit him up if there's interest). Cabinet painted black and leg holes drilled to lower the machine. Est. with BG 1200$, without 900$.
Card Whiz - Good original shape, nice playfield, clean and plays well. Est. 800$
Surf Champ - Playfield is planking, I think is a little convex too. Repaired and repainted the cab. Did a great job on the base white I think, but the side art I would like to go over again because not as sharp as I'd like. Still looks good IMO. Plastics are nice, backglass has a little flaking over the lights but nothing too bad. Plays 100%. Est. 700$
Maverick - Playfield almost perfect, cab in good shape, plays 100%, corner of the DMD seems to be fading but has looked like this since I got it 4 years ago. Est. 1900$
TFTC - Pin container that looked horrible when I got it, except for a very decent playfield. I have got a new translite, new DMD, CPR plastics. Plays 100% but still at project stage. The cabinet corners are really beat up and screwed together, but I think it can be fixed with wood putty and the right purple plaint. Can be brought back to a nice player machine I think. Est. 1900$.
Fish Tales - Another pin container. Faded cab, playfield is ok but definitely some wear around the usual inserts. In my project queue also, but can definitely be brought back to a nice player. Est. 2000$ https://picasaweb.google.com/1115102971 ... 3Nhv_2xgE# - I have a replacement topper dome, slingshot plastics, boat plastic, pop bumper cap and rubbers I have not installed yet. Having some issues with it, I'll get that fixed up before I put it back on the trading block.
Party Zone - Got it from Chnillapoil on MAACA. I think it came off a container as well, and I don't know what was the condition when he got it then but it really looks great now. Almost perfect playfield, minimal fade on the cab. The coin door shows its age, but besides that looks fantastic. Est. 1800$=> Gone to a better home in St-Georges.
Pics of the original post where I bought it - still looks the same, haven't played it much since (I've been out of the country for 6 months http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14611)
Bobby Orr - Beater, cabinet is water damaged in the front. Backglass isn't so bad, new MPU board. Badly touched-up playfield, but I have a replacement one that's not too beat up and not touched up yet. Frankly for the value it has at this point, I'd rather keep it in the restoration queue but still putting it out there just in case. Est. 750$
Incredible Hulk - Very nice BG, cab and playfield. New MPU. Est. 1200$
Cheers,
Phil

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Re: FT/Interest check - Multiple machines

Oh,
and I have a buddy who was a very nice Incredible Hulk. Nice playfield, nice backglass, nice cab, new MPU. I think he can be worked into the deal too (i. e. if there's interest for that machine I can probably trade one of mine for it).

Also I have a van in which I think I could fit two machine, and I also have a trailer. Don't mind doing a little road trip either.

Located in Quebec City.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Nice selection! I'm sure there will be plenty of interest. But, as with anything, that will vary depending on your expectations dollar-wise.
I'd at least throw up what you'd think is fair for each machine. I know several people interested in some of these titles but their first question will be "how much?"

Good luck!

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012

Makes sense. Let me think about that, I'll get back to it today.
I'll take pics of the machines I get interest for early next week.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Phil,
Nice selection of pins for sure. Some interesting machines there. I am sure you will have interest as Drano has said, and approx. values would be great.
Even if you don't wish to post a $ value online per machine, perhaps PM those interested like Drano or myself. This is the season for trades, before the sales for pins ramp up before Christmas. It is also a time where lots of events are happening and the word can be passed around verbally at gatherings.
GLWTT.
Scott

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012

WARLOCK said:
Phil,
Nice selection of pins for sure. Some interesting machines there. I am sure you will have interest as Drano has said, and approx. values would be great.
Even if you don't wish to post a $ value online per machine, perhaps PM those interested like Drano or myself. This is the season for trades, before the sales for pins ramp up before Christmas. It is also a time where lots of events are happening and the word can be passed around verbally at gatherings.
GLWTT.
Scott

Edited the original post.
I'll do the whole package for a Big Lebowski :mrgreen:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

PhilGreg said:
I'll do the whole package for a Big Lebowski :mrgreen:

That might actually be a good deal for the buyer ;)
I'm sure all these games added up would be north of $10K or pretty close to it.
What's the latest word on the cost of TBL landed in Canada?

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Well I'm kinda kidding on that one... not sure anyone's interested in doing all the wheeling and dealing for me, and as someone who has some money to spare but not that much, I always told my girlfriend that I'd be able to sell off machines if we ever need the cash.
A 1500$ machine's an easier sell than a 10 000$ I think.
Although I'd think hard about it given the option...

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
...but I'd be willing to lose a little value on a multiple machine trade. If I get out of the trouble of selling multiple separate machines to get a nice Metallica delivered home, I'd certainly be willing to lose some overall value.
More realistically I'm thinking about a 2-3 for 1 deal where I'd get either an "upper class" machine, or one in an exceptionnally good condition.

Anyway, I'm up for most anything, hit me up with offers you might have.

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Finally gave in and sold the Party Zone, solving part of my problem, but I'm still open to multiple trade offers.
I added some pics of FT and C37, let me know if there's any interest in seeing anything else.