• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

I Don't Feel So Bad Now.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I was just watching an online auction to check out a Dirty Harry and was totally blown away by what people were paying for old oil bottles and old Coke/Pepsi signs. I mean $2,000 for a Coke sign??

At least I can have fun with the 2 grand I may throw into a pinball machine.......not just hang it on a wall and hope people notice that its an original and not a repro.

[Harry went for waaaaaaay too much for my wallet and common sense by the way, $4,500 plus taxes and 18% buyers ]

Reactions: atariaction

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Shackleton Auctions. On phone so don't know how to paste a link but it was the "Private Collector " auction on Sept 30th. Lot 299 was Dirty Harry

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Yeah, couldn't believe what some of that stuff was going for, but the $2K Coke sign was in fact porcelain, and I do know that vintage porcelain signs are highly collectable. Had my eye on a neon Coke sign, but it ended up going for three times what I was prepared to pay.

I had no idea Dirty Harry was such a valuable game - $4500 plus consignors fee and taxes puts it a $6K! You're almost into LOTR territory.

http://shackeltonauctions.hibid.com/lot/33616101/dirty-harry-pinball-machine/?q=pinball&ref=catalog

Reactions: atariaction

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I once saw a 1937 Bally BOOSTER at this auction. It was a beautiful pre-flipper machine worthy of a museum. I had to have it for my office but it ran me $1K+

Certainly not the most cost effective way to buy pins.