• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD HUO Elvira House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
If you could buy the premium version of this game new today it would be approx $11,500 Canadian plus shipping. The unfortunate thing is P1 is saying it won’t be available until some time in 2022.
That’s rough!
So in this case how bad do you want it!?
GLWS

Mike your math is wrong.

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Mike your math is wrong.
Sorry! It may not be exact, my bad, but my point is that this is a desirable game that is not available for sale on the retail market and rarely available on the used. Many may not like it or be able to afford it but someone may! This hobby is changing daily and as we know most don’t like change. I generally break even or slightly loose on my games when reselling. I’m ok with this as I get to enjoy the games for a period of time. Compared to most of the hobby’s I have been in where you generally take a big hit when reselling. This hobby is very forgiving and I feel we are all a little spoiled! Sorry for going off topic!!!
If I was in the market for an Elvira I would definitely make an offer!!!
Somebody buy this!

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
Thanks Mike. You were off by about $800 USD MSRP plus shipping. This game is after shipping $12700 approx and not the number you posted before, which is not only exact, but also misleading.

I think you are confusing it with the price of other premiums and Elvira premium is more expensive than a regular premium by $800USD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 6.50.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 6.50.21 PM.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Walsh

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
8499 x 1.2321 x 1.13 = 11,800 (assuming no shipping, P1 pickup)
But then again, like the recent Stranger Things sale, this has more to do with current availability.
If you have to have an Elvira Premium and would rather spend the extra cash than wait, here’s your game!

Reactions: Jeff K.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
No sorry, if you want to be fair you can't use that exchange rate. That is also the bank of Canada rate, not the one you get at the bank.

You have to add 3 points to that rate, if you want to have today's rate at the bank. Then that is unrealistic for a game that isn't in stock and for which you can't pay for NOW because it does not exist. In other words, a more realistic rate, for our dollar is adjusting to 1.3 exchange rate.

You buyers like to dream with unrealistic numbers, so do I to be honest, but those are dreamer numbers, not real numbers.]

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
No sorry, if you want to be fair you can't use that exchange rate. That is also the bank of Canada rate, not the one you get at the bank.

You have to add 3 points to that rate, if you want to have today's rate at the bank. Then that is unrealistic for a game that isn't in stock and for which you can't pay for NOW because it does not exist. In other words, a more realistic rate, for our dollar is adjusting to 1.3 exchange rate.

You buyers like to dream with unrealistic numbers, so do I to be honest, but those are dreamer numbers, not real numbers.]
That rate was verified from my Investorline account, moments prior to making the post.
That’s as real a number as you’re going to get, minus the shipping fee.
Not sure why you feel the need to justify a price you’re not even advertising. As I mentioned in my earlier post, this is a price (presumably) that’s related to scarcity, not foreign exchange, msrp, or anything else that we would typically use to calculate current market value.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
that is not the rate you buy US money. You are seeing the BANK OF CANADA rate, not the rate you will be buying USD for.
As of right now, the BANK of CANADA rate, is 1.231, if the bank was open now, this is not the rate they would sell me US money for.
If you think it is, you clearly never bought US money before.

If you do get that rate for US money, good for you, most people don't have access to the Bank Of Canada rate because when you buy US currency, the bank is going to make a profit off you and they also adjust for variations on the exchange. Basic economics.

Again, the game cannot be bought new right now, so your equation and exchange correction is also incorrect, because a distributor will not sell you a game now, and you cannot secure it using an exchange rate of 1.26 (which is the actual real rate if you were buying US CASH).

I insist in correcting you because your message is misleading to potential buyers, you are confusing people with unrealistic numbers, like most people did in the last 5 posts...

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
that is not the rate you buy US money. You are seeing the BANK OF CANADA rate, not the rate you will be buying USD for.
As of right now, the BANK of CANADA rate, is 1.231, if the bank was open now, this is not the rate they would sell me US money for.
If you think it is, you clearly never bought US money before.

If you do get that rate for US money, good for you, most people don't have access to the Bank Of Canada rate because when you buy US currency, the bank is going to make a profit off you and they also adjust for variations on the exchange. Basic economics.

Again, the game cannot be bought new right now, so your equation and exchange correction is also incorrect, because a distributor will not sell you a game now, and you cannot secure it using an exchange rate of 1.26 (which is the actual real rate if you were buying US CASH).

I insist in correcting you because your message is misleading to potential buyers, you are confusing people with unrealistic numbers, like most people did in the last 5 posts...
Yep, just checked. That’s the currency rate for me to change cash between my US and CDN accounts.
Just now. On the internet. Canadian to US. Real numbers.
Though again, it still doesn’t matter what current games cost since you’re selling a currently unobtanium game AND you haven’t listed the price.
You’re in the right to ask whatever you want, honestly. It’s your game to sell.
Just don’t make statements that support a much higher price unless they’re accurate.
if anyone’s paying $900 cdn more than my calculation, let me know. I’ll buy you the game for $450 less and we’ll split the difference.
: )

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
Yep, just checked. That’s the currency rate for me to change cash between my US and CDN accounts.
Just now. On the internet. Canadian to US. Real numbers.
Though again, it still doesn’t matter what current games cost since you’re selling a currently unobtanium game AND you haven’t listed the price.
You’re in the right to ask whatever you want, honestly. It’s your game to sell.
Just don’t make statements that support a much higher price unless they’re accurate.
if anyone’s paying $900 cdn more than my calculation, let me know. I’ll buy you the game for $450 less and we’ll split the difference.
: )
That is a long winded offer, and no. Thanks.

Reactions: Angel11

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
My buddy just picked this exact pin up at P1 Toronto a few weeks ago.
$11850 taxes in.
I’m not the type to police but it’s hard not to say anything when it seems like your lying.
so either P1 prices are different out there or something fishy going on.
like I said I don’t police. That being the case if your making a buck that’s fine just admit it. People will pay.
problem is this forum frowns on that type of sale. I think you knew this creating the post.

glauses

Oct 27, 2014
Calgary
pretty simple order one the price is there right on the stern site $8499 and that's MSRP even with a shitty exchange taxes and shipping that under 12K CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.