• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD HUO BKSOR Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Selling my HUO BKSOR Pro with only 664 lifetime plays. Mint condition and has mirror blades and shaker. Plays great and located in a walkout house so no stairs to deal with when removing. $9500 firm!

Attachments

• 0A295D2C-7448-4A1C-8F5C-AD05C91A6C15.jpeg
    0A295D2C-7448-4A1C-8F5C-AD05C91A6C15.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 09FAACF3-D31D-4076-B834-A56C705F6504.jpeg
    09FAACF3-D31D-4076-B834-A56C705F6504.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 33

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
Such a good game!

Not many made and production was stopped a while ago. Pro is way better than Prem/LE.

GLWTS
Murphelman can you explain why the pro is way better than the premier/le's? this title is on my list but I generally hold out for LE's. Thanks!

Last edited:

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv
The upper PF doesn't add much. It kills the flow and speed as the ball goes up there too much.

The game is about speed, battling the knight, and surviving.

The top WAR lanes War hurry ups up are huge and a fun risk reward feature. The ball barely goes up to those lanes on the Prem/le because it goes upnto the boring upper PF instead.

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
The upper PF doesn't add much. It kills the flow and speed as the ball goes up there too much.

The top WAR lanes War hurry ups up are huge and a fun risk reward feature. The ball barely goes up to those lanes on the Prem/le because it goes upnto the boring upper PF instead.
I appreciate that! I never would have considered the Pro over the others, Thanks!!! Michael

koji

Jun 29, 2021
Surrey, BC Canada

Upper PF actually adds a LOT.

Allows the Catapult rules, which incorporate a stacked 6 ball multi-ball. Also an amazing Super catapult jackpot rule where the catapult lock acts as a multiplier for the accumulation of jackpots during the multiball. It's a real challenge, but I have scored over 100m Quad super catapult jackpots... it's a lot of fun to go for.

Also, during monster modes, the upper PF loop shot increases your shot values.. so you can crank that up substantially to come out of modes with over 100m when couple with a charged sword of rage 2x. Makes shooting for mode high scores a good challenge.
Various strats to keep the ball on the upper, just gives that much more PF real estate to work with as a player.. rather than just rinse/repeat. This is the rule depth that is really lacking in the Pro.

Couple of caveats tho.

I ALSO love the Pro. It is a fact that the upper kills the flow of the Pro. The Pro modes force the player to really understand the flow and shots of each monster. Pops are utilized quite a bit more, and the skill / super skill shot works better. Sometimes the upper can feel odd and clunky or you might just want to let the ball drop to the lower.. just a bit odd.

I'll also add that many people have this modified bump on the upper that Stern began including. This really ruins the upper for me, as it really makes it too easy.. basically feeds the flipper, so MB can be nuts on the upper.. Running without this is an improved and more difficult experience, more akin to BK2000, where you do need to nudge to keep it on the upper.

If there were a diverter system for the prem, to function like the pro in some cases, but still allow the upper for other modes or player control, it could really be the best of both worlds. As it stands, game is amazing in either flavour, but the difference makes them play substantially different.

Would be huge if they ever incorporate the Prem rules into the Pro somehow.. that is the rule depth that is missing. In general tho, the extra real estate and third flipper really add variety. I have played Prem where the upper seemed to play really easily.. to the point where it was difficult to lose the ball.. and that was boring for sure.. so there is perhaps something to the set up here.. or maybe it is all in not having that bump mod that keeps the upper difficult enough that you can't just keep the ball up there spamming shots.

Last edited:

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv
Upper PF actually adds a LOT.

Allows the Catapult rules, which incorporate a stacked 6 ball multi-ball. Also an amazing Super catapult jackpot rule where the catapult lock acts as a multiplier for the accumulation of jackpots during the multiball. It's a real challenge, but I have scored over 100m Quad super catapult jackpots... it's a lot of fun to go for.

Also, during monster modes, the upper PF loop shot increases your shot values.. so you can crank that up substantially to come out of modes with over 100m when couple with a charged sword of rage 2x. Makes shooting for mode high scores a good challenge.
Various strats to keep the ball on the upper, just gives that much more PF real estate to work with as a player.. rather than just rinse/repeat. This is the rule depth that is really lacking in the Pro.

Couple of caveats tho.

I ALSO love the Pro. It is a fact that the upper kills the flow of the Pro. The Pro modes force the player to really understand the flow and shots of each monster. Pops are utilized quite a bit more, and the skill / super skill shot works better. Sometimes the upper can feel odd and clunky or you might just want to let the ball drop to the lower.. just a bit odd.
That is the exact reason why the pro is better. That upper playfield breaks the game. It makes it unbalanced and easier.

I appreciate peoples like for the upper PF and the extra MB but this game is supposed to be fast and hard. The upper PF makes it easier and helps finish modes.

Now I am saying this as someone who likes to play competitively so take that into consideration. I am sure the upper PF is fun for casual play though.

I have seen the Prem/Le get exploited badly in competitions because of the upper PF rules.

koji

Jun 29, 2021
Surrey, BC Canada
That is the exact reason why the pro is better. That upper playfield breaks the game. It makes it unbalanced and easier.

I appreciate peoples like for the upper PF and the extra MB but this game is supposed to be fast and hard. The upper PF makes it easier and helps finish modes.

Now I am saying this as someone who likes to play competitively so take that into consideration. I am sure the upper PF is fun for casual play though.

I have seen the Prem/Le get exploited badly in competitions because of the upper PF rules.

IDK. For me, difficulty in pinball is all set up. I've played easy pros and prem.. and I've also played difficult of each. All depends how people have the posts and incline set up.. makes a big difference.

Curious about the exploits on prem you mention. I enjoy playing competitively too. Had a tournament with some pretty decent players, and didn't see anyone exploiting anything IMO. Game destroyed most as it should. How precisely are these rules exploited? There are many different configuration options for the upper features.. so it could be early code issues.. but I'd like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.