• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Help a Newbie, Williams System7?

Darryl Mack

Dec 6, 2020
Vancouver Canada
Hello, I'm looking to buy my FIRST pinball machine. I'm mechanically inclined (rebuilt classic cars) and technically inclined (work in IT for 25+ years, programming & db etc.). I like the older EM machines but would consider a SS machine if its a good option.

I have a line on a used 1981 Williams System 7 machine. I'm in the process of getting more details.

I'm looking for the wisdom of some generous souls for some guidance.
Is this a machine to be avoided? Are parts and boards hard to come by? When I go to look at the machine, what is critical for me to look for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Darryl.

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
Take a look at Pinwiki. There is a beginner section, then head over to the System 3-7 section. Generally speaking, most parts are available for that era machine, with a few exceptions. Not sure about the replacement board situation though, most are repairable, or at least he ones I’ve had were. There is a great guide to bulletproofing on Pinside as well. The number one issue to look for in a machine is battery corrosion, which can kill a board.

Last edited:

Subzero74

Dec 28, 2014
Whitby, ON
Hey Darryl,

I have a Jungle Lord. I’m currently in the process of trying to repair mine. I’m learning as I go. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Darryl Mack

Dec 6, 2020
Vancouver Canada
Hey Darryl,

I have a Jungle Lord. I’m currently in the process of trying to repair mine. I’m learning as I go. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I'm hoping to hear from the seller today. Thanks for letting me know you have the same machine! Two heads are better than one when it comes to problem solving.