• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Hello From Pinball Bazaar UK

pinballbazaar

Dec 28, 2020
Norwich
Good morning and hello from the UK and the Pinball Bazaar - whilst this is a long way from anywhere Canadian based, I always enjoy looking over the forums, especially for any mods or items that I think I could help to stock the Bazaar with. The UK has a small pinball modding community and I hope to see the mod community here too, if anyone wants to point me to some relvant posts that would be great.

A bit about me

In my relative short interest in the hobby, I have had a fair number of games. It started with a laser ball that needed its board repairing, this was only 4 years ago, since they I have owned a number of games.

Currently Own

Batman 66, Monster Bash Remake, Iron Maiden, The Walking Dead (again) - Currently seeking a GB PREM/LE

Games I have owned

No Fear, Laser Ball, World Poker Tour, Iron Maiden (another one: P), Bride Of Pinbot, Scared Stiff, Earth Shaker, Star Trek (Stern), Tales From The Crype, Travel Time (EM), Dialed In !, Strange Science, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Taxi, Attack From Mars, Demolition Man, World Cup Soccer '94, The Shadow, The Walking Dead, SpiderMan, Deadpool, Jurassic Park 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Lord Of The Rings.

I have recently set up the Pinball Bazaar also, as in the UK we find it very hard to get pinball mods and items easily, with all of the recent changes on UK VAT and bringing products around the world, it seemed like a good idea. My wife (Katie) is also running this as we think about our second child, it seemed like a good idea to set it up. I am not here to sell anything to AUS, so please don't worry, but always welcome feedback if anyone on here wants to have a look over the site as a pinhead and give some feedback. Making a way in business is always hard, so feedback always appreciated.

I thank you for your acceptance of me onto this forum - I hope to add something from a UK perspective and keep in touch with things over the pond as they say over here.

All the very best,
James and Katie - The Pinball Bazaar

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Best mod for new Sterns is the quiet fan. (in my opinion).
Invisiglass is another option I am always contemplating.

There's a place in Michigan called 'The Refinery' they will by a pro or premium and then mod them up and resell them as 'refinery edition'
They make some damn pretty modded machines.

Reactions: Ponzie

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Welcome to the forum, if you have any cool mods you think some members would like for their pins, post some pictures. Although shipping to Canada from the UK would likely be extremely costly.

pinballbazaar

Dec 28, 2020
Norwich
Cheers buddy, the best from the UK is the Indiana Jones topper.

DSC07006.JPG

DSC07015.JPG

Also there is a cool guy that does the TWD crate mod and spike plunger mods.

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Always wondering where to pick up invisiglass in Canada... Any sources for it you know of?
(as well as the quiet Stern fan!)

Thanks!

Best mod for new Sterns is the quiet fan. (in my opinion).
Invisiglass is another option I am always contemplating.

There's a place in Michigan called 'The Refinery' they will by a pro or premium and then mod them up and resell them as 'refinery edition'
They make some damn pretty modded machines.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I would suggest doing repair in the community. A good way to find out what is out there.
Ad in the local buy and sell.
I have seen may decent mods that were just some piece of tourist crap.
Plungers are pretty easy.

With the tariff you are going to have to hunt closer to home.
Parts could get pricey fast.
At least CPR is Canada.

My sis in laws dad did route repair in the UK. Machines get much dirtier (higher voltage) More slots than pins out there in pubs.

Last edited:

pinballbazaar

Dec 28, 2020
Norwich
Ablsolutely right @BMHouze - the slots are huge here in pubs and bars, pinball has had the worldwide resurgance, but they have made it more into peoples homes than into the pubs and bars just yet. It is starting to turn, but it is slow and COVID has hit operators so so hard.

We do the Ninja pinball balls and the polaris balls and I know that the distributor is in touch with the Ball Baron who supplies me these, would you like me to get in touch with the distributor and put him on to the forum? I could link him into PinMonk as well I am sure...

By the way these are the balls they are stocking - really great quality especially the Ninja

https://pinballbazaar.co.uk/product-category/ball-baron-pinball-balls/