• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Has Anyone Travelled to the US?

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
With the US-Canada land border now open to traffic both ways, has anyone ventured south yet this week? What’s it like getting back into Canada

staydown

Jan 31, 2017
Niagara region
Not too bad a delay, just make sure you have your pcr paperwork.

I came back about a month ago prior to border fully opening and was just a 3 minute delay.

friend came back across this am, said things were similar time wise the guards are appreciative when you have all paperwork and documents complete and ready.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think the key is to find somewhere in Canada where you can get the required test done cheap if you are just crossing for the day. Be good to hear what places are cheaper for the required testing, either in Canada or the US side (if you are staying over 72 hours).

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I have been crossing regularly throughout the whole COVID thing as I am a commercial carrier. Going over again within the next 24 hours. The problem I am finding is that US suppliers/ stores/ distributors are taking FOREVER to ship stuff over the past few months. Places that used to ship within a couple days are now taking weeks-months to pull and pack orders. (This is stuff that is in stock!) It is incredibly bad. I talked to a few business owners in New York about it and they told me everyone is running with a skeleton staff and it is basically impossible to get people to come back to work, or to find new people. The sheer number of (newly) empty commercial spaces and help wanted/ now hiring signs outside of businesses is very alarming when you drive through the towns. I have never seen anything like it. It is much, much worse than the 2008 meltdown. :(

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Looks like they'll be lifting the PCR test requirement for short trips "very soon"

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom