• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Harley Davidson scam?

chochi_ca

Jun 16, 2016
Belle river ontario
Hello. I just agreed to buy a Harley Davidson pinball machine listed on kijij for a good price. Does anyone know if it was a scam? I scene the guy also had a trailer for sale… kinda sounds familiar to the Star Trek pinball that was listed???? I’m driving from Windsor tmrw to pick up near Toronto. Don’t wanna waste my time.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Well I didn't see one today so it's probably from someone who has me blocked....like the scammer.

mcuzz

Apr 23, 2016
Georgetown
Scammers don't usually want you to come to their house (because they don't have the game).
They ask for deposits then disappear, did you sent him a deposit?

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Also I suggest you go through the previous sales on Pinside. This scammer tends to take pictures from previous sales.

chochi_ca

Jun 16, 2016
Belle river ontario
I was foolish and sent a 300 deposit. He gave me a address in vaughn. He removed the ad as soon as I replied that I wanted it. I asked him to send me a proof vid. But have not received a reply since….. crickets. I reported it as fraud through my bank.

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
I was foolish and sent a 300 deposit. He gave me a address in vaughn. He removed the ad as soon as I replied that I wanted it. I asked him to send me a proof vid. But have not received a reply since….. crickets. I reported it as fraud through my bank.
That sucks, Sorry to hear that.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Oh no... initiate a refund if at all possible. And a good reminder for anyone buying a pinball ever, NEVER send a deposit to ANYONE you don't know, like ever, like ever ever, if you miss out on a deal you miss out, another pinball will pop-up.

Reactions: GUARD and IVPinball

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Here is the phone number he used on the previous scam....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-112856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-112856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 19

chochi_ca

Jun 16, 2016
Belle river ontario
Yup lesson learned. Hard to get a machine for a good price that’s why I jumped. Next time gonna need a proof pic or vid. Good thing I didn’t take the day off work to drive up for nothin. People are ruthless.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Yup lesson learned. Hard to get a machine for a good price that’s why I jumped. Next time gonna need a proof pic or vid. Good thing I didn’t take the day off work to drive up for nothin. People are ruthless.
You can always come here first, or try MAACA. There's also a Canadian thread on Pinside. Don't hesitate to PM folks here.

But, yeah, sucks big time when this happens.. sorry to hear..

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Proof pic or video doesn't protect you, just don't send the deposit is the only sure way not to get burnt. I was involved in a deal a couple of years ago where the game very much did exist, yet people were still scammed by sending deposits. People suck, cash on the glass is the only way to deal if you don't know the person.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I almost fell for a scam a couple weeks ago in Halifax. A Kiss Premium for $2,500, haha. Said left to her by grandfather. Had someone lined up to check it out for me and pickup but found the same pictures on Pinside. Too good to be true!

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
I almost fell for a scam a couple weeks ago in Halifax. A Kiss Premium for $2,500, haha. Said left to her by grandfather. Had someone lined up to check it out for me and pickup but found the same pictures on Pinside. Too good to be true!
Indeed..! Curious, what would you have offered for it if true? I mean, someone's inheritance that has no idea what the value is..