• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gottlieb Spring Braek

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Hi there..I am working on a friends pin. I am trying to source the cabinet mounted flipper switches for both sides, they are very worn. The right side also launches the ball when the flipper button is depressed. Any help with a part number or source would be appreciated. I cant seem to find them , and my emails to suppliers have gone un answered. Thanks in advance.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
As with any pinball repair, you need to start by finding the manual. Even just using google could have unearthed this important tidbit of info:
"Ball is launched into play by pressing right flipper button and starts an instant multiball mode."

Flipper leaf switches don't normally "wear out". If they are too loose then you need to adjust them (bend). If they are dirty you need to clean the contacts (NO FILING OR SANDING!). Unless they actually broke then yes you would need to replace them. In any case the flipper part number is: 17838-3

Last edited:

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Thanks for the reply. I was well aware the flipper launched the ball into play , as I owned this game for many years. I just meant it was a stacked switch with multiple functions, not just an ordinary flipper leaf switch. I can't say that I totally agree on flipper switches not wearing out. I have changed out several over the years that were very worn/pitted/burnt. Made a difference for me. On this game the ball launch is very weak,the switch pads are worn unevenly and pitted.I have tried cleaning etc but still weak.,the flipper itself is also weak, very rare to make the ramp shot, not enough behind it, I am doi g a flipper rebuild , and thought I may as well change the worn cabinet switch as well. Thanks for your reply..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Thanks for the reply. I was well aware the flipper launched the ball into play , as I owned this game for many years. I just meant it was a stacked switch with multiple functions, not just an ordinary flipper leaf switch. I can't say that I totally agree on flipper switches not wearing out. I have changed out several over the years that were very worn/pitted/burnt. Made a difference for me. On this game the ball launch is very weak,the switch pads are worn unevenly and pitted.I have tried cleaning etc but still weak.,the flipper itself is also weak, very rare to make the ramp shot, not enough behind it, I am doi g a flipper rebuild , and thought I may as well change the worn cabinet switch as well. Thanks for your reply..
Misread your post. It seemed you were stating the ball launch as a malfunction.
the switch being a doubled stacked it’s not the part number I gave probably. I didn’t have a spring break manual so I looked at victory. Same type/time of release(Gtb80b - 1987)

Last edited:

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Misread your post. It seemed you were stating the ball launch as a malfunction.
the switch being a doubled stacked it’s not the part number I gave probably. I didn’t have a spring break manual so I looked at victory. Same type/time of release(Gtb80b - 1987)
No worries, I spent hours trying to find a manual to download , but no luck and also searching sites with pics of switches , tricky to find , anyways I had a manual on an old computer but that drive crashed years ago ...hopefully a dealer will reply , going to try Rab from maaca.Thanks again..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
No worries, I spent hours trying to find a manual to download , but no luck and also searching sites with pics of switches , tricky to find , anyways I had a manual on an old computer but that drive crashed years ago ...hopefully a dealer will reply , going to try Rab from maaca.Thanks again..
Yeah I hate Gtb for that. What kind of company doesn’t allow the instruction manuals to be available. I have a stash of digital manuals and have about a dozen gtb manuals in there. I try to find one close in manufacturing dates when I don’t have the actual manual.

Flippersdotcom

Feb 24, 2016
Vancouver,BC
www.flippers.com
Have you tried emailing our parts department here at flippers.com - Burnaby, BC? We have over 10,000 parts for pinball & arcade games online and should have your cabinet switches in stock. We can look them up in our parts catalogue for you - send an email to parts@flippers.com and Jared should get back to you in a day or two - he works Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays.
John :-#)#