• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[FOUND]: Williams Under PF flasher board

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Anyone in the GTA have one of these? Thought I'd try here first before checking with Starburst or going stateside and getting a $9 refurb one shipped from K's Arcade.

Goes by part # 5768-11096-00

Please check your scrap piles! Wondered why the Pinbot energy value flashers never worked...the board appears to be missing some resistors...three of them! This board controls four chained flasher lamps so I guess it got pretty crispy, and the resistors, so I've read, have a history of just dropping off. I want the whole board because the solder side looks pretty rotten...playing it safe.

Let me know! Thanks!

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Re: WTB Williams Under PF flasher board

Resistors are easy to replace. If you know their value. Sayal Electronics in Mississauga and North Toronto should have them. Where is the board located I can look at mine but the schematic show 330 ohm 7 Watt and a 5 ohm 10 watt resistor for 2 lamps on page 63. Solder on traces may look like crap so long as the board is not burnt just replace them.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Ya, maybe I'll try that first...but as I said the board looks pretty crispy on the backside. I was erring on the side of caution. If I can grab a whole board for $9 from K's or find a member with a used one, I might as well...

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Got my parts, problem fixed.

Reflowed some traces, buzzed everything out, and it seemed like my Kentucky Fried Board would be okay. I didn't bother replacing the two 330R/7W resistors, just the two larger 5R/10W resistors...which will work because I replaced the flasher bulbs with LED flashers. Seems LEDs do not need the 330R/7Ws (in fact, they will constantly stay lit if the 330R/7W resistors are connected). I guess the science is that the 330Rs keep the flashers "warm" with low current until they are needed...LEDs don't need that since they operate on such low current to begin with. All is well again with Pinbot.

Thanks ibjeepin for the links and quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.