• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

First Jaws Pro in Canada???

dp1622

Jan 15, 2024
Burlington
Not sure why Stern would let someone deliver a US pin to Canada and put it on location. Only a shady distributor would do this. Be careful who you deal with as Stern will not warranty a US pin in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: Hammerbrother

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't see why you can't buy something in the US and bring it into Canada? Probably better to buy it here for the warranty as likely tough to get it serviced if you buy in the US. I know a lot of people that buy their games in the US. If you live in Windsor, it is a lot easier to drive to Michigan and pick up a game then drive 8 hours round trip to Mississauga. Especially if the game is readily available in the US but sold out here.

Reactions: Waynezor and kool1

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I have never bought a new game in the US, only used. Don't see the point of driving all that way to get it home to find out it doesn't work or there is damage.

dp1622

Jan 15, 2024
Burlington
US distributors can't ship Sterns into Canada. There is nothing preventing anyone from buying a game in the US and bringing it back, There is nothing "shady" about it. People do it all the time.
It was posted by a Stern distributor so I'm assuming they sold it to the location. They have a warehouse in the US so it looks like they brought it into Canada. In my books that is shady AF and not the kind of business I want to deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: Hammerbrother

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
It was posted by a Stern distributor so I'm assuming they sold it to the location. They have a warehouse in the US so it looks like they brought it into Canada. In my books that is shady AF and not the kind of business I want to deal with.
I wouldn't assume anything and make accusations but if he broke a rule in his distributor agreement he will have to answer to Stern.

Reactions: GUARD

Bytor777

Feb 23, 2019
toronto
Arnt we all supposed to be in favour of free trade? Too much taxes in Canada anyway. If I lived close to the border; I'd be buying US too

Reactions: System6

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Arnt we all supposed to be in favour of free trade? Too much taxes in Canada anyway. If I lived close to the border; I'd be buying US too
Ya for sure. I mean still fine with people ordering from a US distro and having it shipped at the border and going to get it to bring it to Canada/or have a company do it. However, in all those instances you still need to be paying the taxes of where it is going.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Don't worry, Canadian customs will make sure of that
Ya for sure. I mean still fine with people ordering from a US distro and having it shipped at the border and going to get it to bring it to Canada/or have a company do it. However, in all those instances you still need to be paying the taxes of where it is going.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Looks like a non issue for people here so I'll let it die.
Was it SHIPPED here? If not, there is no issue. If someone had it shipped to a US location and then re-shipped here, again... no issue. If they drove over and picked it up, still no issue.

Honestly not sure why you're up in arms about it anyway. Distributors take care of themselves, consumers don't get involved in it at all.

dp1622

Jan 15, 2024
Burlington
Was it SHIPPED here? If not, there is no issue. If someone had it shipped to a US location and then re-shipped here, again... no issue. If they drove over and picked it up, still no issue.

Honestly not sure why you're up in arms about it anyway. Distributors take care of themselves, consumers don't get involved in it at all.
Looks like a non issue for people here so I'll let it die.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I want to know where it is so I can play it, not so I can judge the purchaser or the distributor, I just want to put quarters in it! (Okay, loonies)

Reactions: GUARD