• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Fireball Classic

Hokuten

May 18, 2016
Hamilton
New to pinball and have very limited knowledge but am looking to purchase a Bally Fireball Classic machine as a gift for a family member.

I'm unable to ask them for advice as the gift is meant to be a surprise.

With my limited knowledge I'd likely need a machine in good working condition.

Thanks in advance for any information/leads.

On another note, can anyone advise the price range for this machine?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
if it's the one on kijiji now , it is in nice shape , but remember that this is a home version of a pinball machine and not the commercial unit , I think for the price of $1000 you can find a nice real pinball machine .

Hokuten

May 18, 2016
Hamilton
I'm seeing two on kijiji in Ontario, one being the home version, the other appears to be the real thing but doesn't have a price listed.

What price range would the average commercial fireball fall into? I think family member i am buying it for would be particularly happy with a fireball as they've mentioned that machine several times.

Thanks again for the advice

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
Hokuten,

If you are new to the hobby then there is definitely a lot to learn.

I see that the home edition pin is a Fireball (Home edition, as Luch pointed out). The other ad is a commercial Fireball Classic pin. Different pins, rules, condition etc...

Determining price on just about any pin in today's market is entirely a guessing game. You may also quickly find out that Kijiji is not where you, new to this hobby, will find any great deals. Most members here and in other forums have email/text notifications for 'pinball'. They will all know about the elusive sweet deals, and have responded or acted on them long before you would have even read the ad.

If you are looking for a pin, start to look in your local area and go out from there. That home edition FB is in Vaughn so if you live in London for instance then there are a number of things that you have to consider:

Is the pin worth the drive?
How do you secure the purchase before heading out to pick it up? (Deposit to a stranger, give your word? Etc...)
Will the pin still be there when you show up?
Will it be in the condition that you were sold on?

Luch, if you know of great value pins at $1K, please share as you left this quite open for interpretation. EM? Early SS, SS DMD?

The only thing that I have seen recently is an influx of very expensive pins hit the market, likely to help fund a new GB, TH etc...

Thoughts?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
yes I saw the full size one , it is nice and would think they are looking for 3-4k maybe more . pinside value is 1300 us average
if it's the one on kijiji now , it is in nice shape , but remember that this is a home version of a pinball machine and not the commercial unit , I think for the price of $1000 you can find a nice real pinball machine .
for $1000 you can find a nice wedge head , em 4 player , or single player , for ss there are some at this 1k price but most will be player quality , would say 1.5 -2 k for nice early ss , and any DMD would be 4k and up. there are exceptions and this is just my opinion of current conditions

Last edited:
Reactions: dnaman

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
3-4K?????????????????????????????

Please tell me that's a typo. I bought one for much less, and sold it for much less - within the last year. And it was a pretty nice example too.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
just suggesting that the one on kijiji out of London , might be priced in that range . I guess there is only one way to find out and that is ask . you have to go to the listing and read the ad . the wording would suggest that a high bid will be accepted .

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
Brewmanager,

It's all about what you want when you want it and whether ot not it is available I suppose. (...or if you are in the circle of those that deals are offered to first)

You can always have something on your wishlist and just wait it out to see if the right deal comes along on the title that you are interested in.

There was an FBC, complete fade and more a player's condition that sold for $2K in London, maybe 8 months ago. Fun title, seemed reasonable at the time.

Hokuten

May 18, 2016
Hamilton
Thanks for the replies everyone I appreciate all of the input.

I am willing to pay for a more expensive fireball, just don't want to get hosed due to a lack of knowledge.

I suppose i will contact that seller and see what he's thinking.

I'm realizing i have got a lot to learn.

Reactions: Menace