• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Finally... New XM Code 1.3 is out!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Attention X-Men Pinball fans. A brand new code update is available now on the Stern website. Enjoy!!!

V1.3 - June 21, 2013
=======================
- Added a combo system.
*Unique Combos
*Combo Champions
- Added new artwork for shoot again and ball save.
- Added a new skill shot.
- Added new mystery awards.
*Ball save;
*Lock lit;
*Lock awarded;
*Shot awarded;
- Added new adjustables.
*Added Mystery - Ball save adjustable;
*Added Iceman Mode ramp adjustable;
- Added Brotherhood targets as shots for Brotherhood Multiball.
- Adjusted scoring for Omega Red and Shadow King.
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler would incorrectly appear.
- Fixed the lights in Wolverine Multiball to allow stacked villain shots to light up as well.
- Fixed an issue with Brotherhood not registering Storm and Rogue shots correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Brotherhood scores were incorrectly justified.
- Fixed an issue where Mystery would unsuccessfully try to add time to NightCrawler.

http://sternpinball.com/USB_XMEN.html

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Trust me, as someone who had an XM LE from day one, this game needed a lot to get better. XM owners have had it rough.
Not until the last code did it really start to play like it should and get the recognition it deserved.

I'm super happy to see that Stern hasn't left XM in the dust.
With combos now in place the only thing missing is deadpool.
Seeing as how I won't be getting there anytime soon, I can live with it as-is for a while.

I've always believed that XM would eventually rise to the top of Stern's best work, along with LOTR, Tron and ACDC.
Can't wait to try this update!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
DRANO said:
Trust me, as someone who had an XM LE from day one, this game needed a lot to get better. XM owners have had it rough.
Not until the last code did it really start to play like it should and get the recognition it deserved.

I'm super happy to see that Stern hasn't left XM in the dust.
With combos now in place the only thing missing is deadpool.
Seeing as how I won't be getting there anytime soon, I can live with it as-is for a while.

I've always believed that XM would eventually rise to the top of Stern's best work, along with LOTR, Tron and ACDC.
Can't wait to try this update!

Thank god I missed those days. :D
I feel sorry for people like you that bought it right away and were disappointed :(. Buying a NIB should be a good experience, it has been for me.......so far. ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Anyone update their XM Pro/LE and have any feedback so far? From what I read there are tons of combos like:

Beast + Storm = Meteorology
Beast + Wolv = Savage Animals
Beast + Rogue = Beauty and the Beast
Prof X + Beast = Sharp Minds
Prof X + Cyc = Teachers Pet
Storm + Iceman = Hailstorm
Storm + CycGold + Blue Leaders
Iceman + Prof X = Brain Freeze
??? = X-Men Leaders
??? = Power Drain
??? = Rivals
??? = Angry Yeti
??? = Unrequited Love
??? = Lovers Triangle
??? = Original X-Men
??? = Fire and Ice

BEAT all hero modes to light Danger Room. BEAT all villain modes to light Dark Phoenix.

Attachments

• IMAG0562.jpg
    IMAG0562.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 134

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've played a few games with it, and mostly it's the last version with a few tweaks. I didn't notice that the combos did a whole lot with scoring, but I did like the unique combos / names. I'm guessing you pulled those out of the browser? I've definitely gotten a few of those.

A couple of things that they still haven't fixed/added though:
-Status report-still says nothing
-animation priority is strange-you'll never see the display for Prof X if anything else is running.
-Deadpool is still MIA (although this could be a "Kano Transformation" setting)

Still a fun game though-looking forward to figuring out what combos actually do (other than have a new HS associated with them).