• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP Don’t always be scared to ship or find help shipping

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
hey guys just want to say I am happy to help with advice on palletize and wrapping games to ship as I know many other are too .

I hate seeing pickup only all the time in such a small province .. we can do better working together .

couple more came in today all the way from Carolina’s and took three days . So sadly should never be any issues doing it with everyone on this forum .

It’s easier then you think if your afraid to do it reach out to me anytime .

Chers and happy collecting

Attachments

• 26CEF02C-B9DE-4669-8402-C97FD42DCFEA.jpeg
    26CEF02C-B9DE-4669-8402-C97FD42DCFEA.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 27

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
I think th e scary part about Shipping is not getting to see what you buy before sending the cash.
Have you never been let down before or felt ripped off?

Ontario is a small Province?
I can totally understand that for sure it can Happen …. But that’s a buyers risk . I find more the issue Canada wise is the sellers don’t want to do any of the packing etc.

And yes of course I was stung once not too bad but wasn’t happy and it was from a reseller not a fellow collector . Some of them flip fast and really don’t know what they have that was the case for me .

Reactions: WARLOCK

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
As lk
The scary part for me about shipping is the pin being damaged during shipping. There are a few members that I would feel very comfortable buying pins from sight unseen.
That is equally understandable, as long as it’s wrapped properly and put on pallet with a quality company like manitoulin i have only had great results .

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I'm not sure what % of people are actually afraid to do it vs just simply can't be bothered. I've shipped before because I couldn't find a local deal and although it isn't "hard" it is an extra step I'd gladly not go through.

Extra steps I don't need to go through by not shipping

1. Look on Kijiji for a place giving away pallets, go pick-up said pallet, add milage and time I'm not getting paid
2. Go to Home Depot to pick up a set of straps, more milage and time I'm not getting paid for
3. Head to a local place to pick up some moving blankets and more plastic wrap, cause I always seem to be out of plastic wrap when it comes to ship a game, another $40 or so out the door and more milage and time I'm not getting paid for
4. Rummage through the house looking for cardboard, no milage for this, but time I'm not getting paid for
5. Spend about an hour wrapping and strapping the shit out of the game in hopes it makes its journey safely, time I'm not getting paid for
6. Wait around for a shipping company to come pick-up the game, and I usually kick the driver a couple of bucks, cause you gotta keep people happy, more time and money I'm not getting paid for

I do all this after getting chewed down on my asking price.

So ya, shipping ain't exactly my favourite thing to do... I'll do it... and I like to think I do it well... but I'll gladly help someone else carry a game out of my basement as opposed to having to go through all that.

1644361540135.png

Last edited:
Reactions: luch and WARLOCK

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
you mean packed well like this !
If it’s heading to Australia and your getting paid double what you paid of course ;) lol good job Luch !

Doesn’t have to be crated but as long as pallet is good and blankets first then shrink wrap . And place on hood cardboard I’ve lost count how many I have shipped .

Attachments

• 97F9B511-D10A-4CF5-A743-E54852E9FC51.jpeg
    97F9B511-D10A-4CF5-A743-E54852E9FC51.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 17
  • 736F0987-B73C-4D2E-946A-64840B75D835.jpeg
    736F0987-B73C-4D2E-946A-64840B75D835.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 15
  • F33D4620-2903-4442-8E75-88112C1805F8.jpeg
    F33D4620-2903-4442-8E75-88112C1805F8.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 18

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I had a game I wanted in Regina but the seller didn't want to ship. So I made a deal with a fellow Pinsider, go check out the game for me, bring it to your place and you can keep the games for a couple months. Then after a while, just help me prep the game for shipping and drop it off at the depot. It seemed to work out for both of us. I have bought games from him before so I did trust him.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
I had a game I wanted in Regina but the seller didn't want to ship. So I made a deal with a fellow Pinsider, go check out the game for me, bring it to your place and you can keep the games for a couple months. Then after a while, just help me prep the game for shipping and drop it off at the depot. It seemed to work out for both of us. I have bought games from him before so I did trust him.
Pinballjah is 1 of the guys i would buy a pin from unseen.

Last edited:

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
That is a great system and why I like the forums for the connections with good people willing to help where needed .

I’ve done many deals via this forum all smooth … well maybe cause my pricing is attractive lol but happy with each and every person I’ve dealt with here !

Ryan Dodd

Feb 15, 2020
Sault Ste Marie
I'm not sure what % of people are actually afraid to do it vs just simply can't be bothered. I've shipped before because I couldn't find a local deal and although it isn't "hard" it is an extra step I'd gladly not go through.

Extra steps I don't need to go through by not shipping

1. Look on Kijiji for a place giving away pallets, go pick-up said pallet, add milage and time I'm not getting paid
2. Go to Home Depot to pick up a set of straps, more milage and time I'm not getting paid for
3. Head to a local place to pick up some moving blankets and more plastic wrap, cause I always seem to be out of plastic wrap when it comes to ship a game, another $40 or so out the door and more milage and time I'm not getting paid for
4. Rummage through the house looking for cardboard, no milage for this, but time I'm not getting paid for
5. Spend about an hour wrapping and strapping the shit out of the game in hopes it makes its journey safely, time I'm not getting paid for
6. Wait around for a shipping company to come pick-up the game, and I usually kick the driver a couple of bucks, cause you gotta keep people happy, more time and money I'm not getting paid for

I do all this after getting chewed down on my asking price.

So ya, shipping ain't exactly my favourite thing to do... I'll do it... and I like to think I do it well... but I'll gladly help someone else carry a game out of my basement as opposed to having to go through all that.

View attachment 21737
Nice packing job ..

And I guess I’m crazy cause I bought 4 rolls of shrink at once also a banding and strap machine for 50 on Amazon and haven’t run out yet getting close one more machine . I go to Leons and Best Buy get pallet and they have corners from appliances boxes and I’m set .

And I’m in the line of work where I work for free everyday so I’m happy to just help and fellow collector if he’s really after it that’s all .. it’s about for me .
Not one person here gives a fire sale price in fact I have bought cheaper most of the time USA side with exchange and shipping to boot plus taxes .

And at the end of the year government takes all your income anyways so aren’t we all working for free ? Lol jk

I really just intended this post as a tip for shipping I’m good at it and move a lot of games so not hard for me and can have one wrapped and strapped jn 20-30 minutes . I offer free advice and tips no payment t needed on this topic :)

Cheers

Reactions: WARLOCK and roar

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Nice packing job ..

And I guess I’m crazy cause I bought 4 rolls of shrink at once also a banding and strap machine for 50 on Amazon and haven’t run out yet getting close one more machine . I go to Leons and Best Buy get pallet and they have corners from appliances boxes and I’m set .

And I’m in the line of work where I work for free everyday so I’m happy to just help and fellow collector if he’s really after it that’s all .. it’s about for me .
Not one person here gives a fire sale price in fact I have bought cheaper most of the time USA side with exchange and shipping to boot plus taxes .

And at the end of the year government takes all your income anyways so aren’t we all working for free ? Lol jk

I really just intended this post as a tip for shipping I’m good at it and move a lot of games so not hard for me and can have one wrapped and strapped jn 20-30 minutes . I offer free advice and tips no payment t needed on this topic :)

Cheers
Ok if you like to help people, find me a Ruby Red in the US :)

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Perhaps someone experienced could suggest the best way to get a pin shipped from the U.S? Dealing with customs; what shipper to use? etc. Huge market there and we definitely need more supply up here.
Only times I have shipped games in the US was I had them shipped to a UPS Store in Lewiston and picked it up there. They charge $30US to receive a skid. But more complicated with the border issues now. I prefer to drive it over and pay my taxes at the border.