• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Congratulations on the New Upgrade

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
i didnt see a spot for accolades or compliments so i thought id put it here. The new upgrade looks awesome and i cant believe the speed the CMS/forums load. This is a very nice script running this and i have never heard of it before. Im trying to remember was this a phpbb board before? if it was , was it easy to do a back up and conversion? i havent done many cms in a few years and i know some of my existing sites are almost extinct and in bad need of upgrading but after doing lots of research in years past, this one really pops out of the kick out hole!

Anyways ...Nice work! and i hope everyone loves the new format.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Hi,

The upgrade went quite well, once Brock found the right theme, I found a number of good plugins and wrapped it all up.

We staged the software on a subdomain and did a trial migration, tested, erased the database, and got ready to do it again.

It took about 1 hour from start to finish to import all users, messages and to resize all attachments. You need to have a good hosting provider, you need to crank the ram in php for the upgrade .... other that then, the upgrade went without issue.

Integration with google accounts, facebook etc is all just configuration, we are using xenForo which is a paid application, it is affordable, and very web 2.0.

Finally, we upgraded from phpBB however xenForo has upgrades for mostly all forum programs. This is not a CMS, it is a bulletin board with some CMS capabilities (for example an additional file manager / doc repository) ... we picked xenForo because of the potential. There is way to much controversy with vbull

Message me if you have any questions
Derek

Reactions: luch