• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Canadian Public Pinball Tracker

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Well I'm getting pretty tired of Google spreadsheets - all data and tabs are now gone.:mad:

I have a backup; can anyone suggest a more secure way to keep this up? Otherwise I may have to abandon it altogether:(

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Someone likes f**king with Ontario- East & Central. Still working for now - and updated:

British Columbia
Saskatchewan
Ontario - Toronto & GTA
Ontario - East & Central
Ontario - South
Quebec

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
R.I.P...Canadian Public Pinball Tracker

As posted by OPL_EvilOberführer at Macca:

The Canadian Public Pinball Tracker will be deleted: 30 May 2015

Due to vandalism, deletion of data and various other irritations as well as heinous acts, (to say the least), The Canadian Public Pinball Tracker shall be retired in favor of Pinside's World Pinball map.

Users will need to log in with a free account to make updates to the Pinside map.
Operators who do not wish their pins listed will need to contact Pinside Admin: https://pinside.com/pinball/contact

Please do your part by cross-verifying that Canadian listings have all been transferred from The Canadian Public Pinball Tracker to the "World Pinball Map.
As locations/pins are verified as having been transferred to the Pinside World Pinball Map, I shall remove their entries from
The Canadian Public Pinball Tracker.

I would like to wholeheartedly thank those that helped keep the Canadian Public Pinball Tracker alive.
I would hope that you will continue to provide valued input in the name of keeping the Pinside World Pinball Map alive, well and current.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Well now that the dust has settled lets give this another try.

The Canadian Public Pinball Tracker is still live. Those who wanted their games removed have been accommodated.

Feel free to browse and update locations.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtdGjEaOJJqtdF9qcG1QcllRWlNYNWN2MHJUUXdaenc#gid=0

Last edited:

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
Any opinions on the state of the machines at Georgian Grill? Haven't played TAF in years, or FG in several years and this would be an hour detour on the way to the cottage.

TIA

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Just a reminder that the Canadian Public Pinball Tracker is updated regularly as we hear about new locations or changes at existing locations.

Bear in mind that this is a public spreadsheet that can be edited by anyone so feel free to add or update locations that you see are missing or out of date. There are a number of locations that haven't been updated since 2012!

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Its been a while since the last post, but updates continue regularly. As always, feel free to update with any locations you know of.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Updates are ongoing regularly - big updates in British Columbia and GTA.

No updates since September in Eastern Ontario or Quebec - does nobody play pinball there?

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
I just read this thread for the first time in 2 years, didn't realize the tracker had been retired and then revived. I've continued updating this whole time - PEI since I put machines out. And other locations (NS, NB, NFLD) as I've been playing them. :)

Something weird happened a few months ago where the Atlantic got all jumbled up, they lost the provincial groupings and sort order, but I was on vacation and it was a rainy day so I sorted it all out.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Thanks for your help and any updates from the Maritimes.

I was in Fredericton a few times over the summer on business, but couldn't find any locations to play.

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
Thanks for your help and any updates from the Maritimes.

I was in Fredericton a few times over the summer on business, but couldn't find any locations to play.

I've never seen any in Fredericton. Moncton has a bunch of pins at SpinIt Records, the lineup changes weekly so it's nearly impossible to document.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Updates are ongoing regularly - big updates in British Columbia and GTA.

No updates since September in Eastern Ontario or Quebec - does nobody play pinball there?
There was an issue with a stolen machine which resulted in Operators requesting their pins not be added to the tracker. This is why it's been so quiet on the Eastern front. The machines are there, they just aren't public knowledge in the tracker.

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
There was an issue with a stolen machine which resulted in Operators requesting their pins not be added to the tracker. This is why it's been so quiet on the Eastern front. The machines are there, they just aren't public knowledge in the tracker.

That seems weird to me. Yes, I've heard of pins getting stolen, and it really sucks. But outside any given pinball location will be a lot of cars, any one of them worth more than a pin and a heck of a lot easier to steal. I don't believe that awareness of pinball locations is going to promote theft. That said, it seems only fair to respect the wishes of anyone who doesn't want to be included. Can we know who wants to opt out, so I can make sure I never update them in the tracker (or even in the maritimes, by PM if you want, I don't think I'd be updating any further away than that)?