• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Cactus Canyon LE

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Next week for LEs was what I was told a while ago but P1 has no control over CGC's production/shipping.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I was curious, as I believe toronto gets the shipments first before montreal.
Toronto gets all the games, then ships the Montreal games out. They still get to both places on the same week. Unlike regular production games that ship often, a small batch like this typically gets shipped in 1 go. At least that's what happened with the MMrRE in 2020.

Last edited:

Adam

Nov 5, 2015
waterloo, on
Definitely a game I'd love to try out...the theme looks super fun, and appears to be straight forward ruleset which I tend to enjoy

Adam

Nov 5, 2015
waterloo, on
Oh nice...didn't realize they'd have a floor model available to try. May have to take a drive there and check it out

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Played both CC and CC continued a bunch of times. It's an OK game-nothing really special, other than the rarity. It will be interesting to see what the new rules Lyman was working on turn out to be. I do wonder how it'll stand up next to modern LCD games though. It's almost into the same territory as that Fathom remake in being deliberately retro.

Reactions: Adam

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
The prognostic is not good. These comments are my personal opinion based on observation. I don't have any insight with CGC.

- From Pinside observations it seems CGC production is stalled after the initial small batch that went out.
- Canadian Regulatory approval for the electrical components (Power supply) has not been received yet. Nothing will cross the border until that is done. Considering the fact that they have been shipping SEs for months now and this still hasn't been done yet doesn't make it seem like it'll happen soon, especially with the holiday break period coming up.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
The prognostic is not good. These comments are my personal opinion based on observation. I don't have any insight with CGC.

- From Pinside observations it seems CGC production is stalled after the initial small batch that went out.
- Canadian Regulatory approval for the electrical components (Power supply) has not been received yet. Nothing will cross the border until that is done. Considering the fact that they have been shipping SEs for months now and this still hasn't been done yet doesn't make it seem like it'll happen soon, especially with the holiday break period coming up.
Yikes!

So weird. CGC has shipped tons of product to Canada. How did that get screwed up?