• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP Bally Fun Phone

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hello I have a buddy who is parting with some oddball items in the next month or so. One of them being a Bally Fun Phone. Same maker of Bally pinballs so I thought it would be fine to post here. I am as is the owner wondering what these go for? Was put away operational in the late 80's but as is with anything sitting so long I assume it will need work. Here are some pics. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• img-0107_orig.jpg
    img-0107_orig.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 15
  • img-0108_orig.jpg
    img-0108_orig.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 15
  • img-0109_orig.jpg
    img-0109_orig.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 14
  • img-0110_orig.jpg
    img-0110_orig.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 15

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
If it was an alcohol tester or other similar “bar” item there’d be some interest for sure. This thing looks pretty dull for a novelty. Obviously a kid’s toy meant for them to feel like grown ups using the phone. However kids have cells now and the appeal of this is completely lost. Very niche. You should test the waters on Pinside if your friend is willing to ship although in this case eBay may be the best outlet. Broader market reach.

You have find a buyer to determine value on this thing. I know that for me you couldn’t even pay me to take it lol.

Reactions: Mike Walsh

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
This is not a kids toy, unless you expect your kid to put a quarter in it every time they want to play with it. I am sure it may have been targeted towards kids, but this would have been found in an arcade back in the day as another way to get some quarters out of the patrons. GLWS. Interesting item.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Look up auction sites, estimated prices are 150-250 depending on the condition, if it has the stand, etc. That's s piece I'd expect to see at the House of Targ for example, or some basement game room as part of the wall decorations (next to a gumball distributor, lol. GLWS!

Reactions: KING BLING !