• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Avengers Hulk LE - settings

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
What settings are people using for the Hulk? I have mine on factory defaults but due to my lack of skill I am considering making it easier at least for a while. I have never managed to collect Iron Man and I only ever get Black Widow when I shake the crap out of it while the ball is heading up the ramp so it slows down and gets stuck in the far left joint of the bridge near the sensor for black widow. Once stuck you can jiggle and collect Black widows until you are bored of that.

What sort of scores are people getting on the factory default settings?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
This is a tough game.

But you should be making the BW easier than the way you are doing. Check your levels. Plus there are some threads on Pinside about evening out the ramp so the ball doesn't catch on any lips blocking your shot.

I reduced the difficulty on mine by moving the outlane posts. That helped a lot. I've also been tweaking the difficulty on the modes, changing them to medium and easy, depending on the shot and how difficult it is.

I was playing on 5 ball for a while, but have reduced it back to 3 now that I've gotten better.

There is a bug currently with the mode settings, on the collect settings, medium is actually easy (1 shot to start) and easy is medium (2 shots to start). factory is 4 shots to start.

I've set most of them to 2 shots to start, and easy to collect, which is still 6 for BW, instead of 10. One you start, collect, then start again you go into the VS battles which is like mini wizard modes.

With the changes the game has gone from frustrating to fun, but still challenging. I've yet to make it to Battle on the Helli-carrier (collect all avengers). Let alone battle for earth (complete all avengers).

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I keep all my games factory settings until I hit the wizard mode.

Once I do that, I toughin the game up to Tournament standards

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Adam, have you had much time with avengers? Just curious how you find the difficulty. I'm sure you can walk through it, but do you find it tougher than most?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I've only played a total of about 3 games on avengers thus far. So I don't really have an opinion on it yet.

Launch Party is coming up so I will get more play on it then for sure.

speedythepunk

Nov 29, 2012
Moving the outlanes and throwing everything on medium settings on my PRO made the game a whole lot more fun. I make it to battle of the helli-carrier every 5th game or thereabouts. I'm averaging a score of about 40 million per game. It's a very challenging fun game which takes time to get the hang of. I have yet to play and LE though....

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Adam, in this case the factory settings on Avengers is already at difficult. The only way to go is easier. It is a tough game on factory settings, harder than TSPP and LOTR.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
The Black Widow ramp is fine I think, I just stumbled upon an interesting short cut to collect a lot of them although it does feel like cheating.

I am going to move the posts on the outlanes and go down to medium this weekend and see what it is like.

On factory I have managed to collect 4 avengers in a single game (Hulk, Thor, Capt America, Hawkeye). Usually I can get Hulk, Thor and Capt America without too much trouble. I have only gotten to VS mode a couple of times. I have heard "Hulk completed" a couple of times but none of the other ones and have no idea what exactly I did to complete Hulk. I am hoping at medium or even easy I can figure out the rules and what you are supposed to do and then change back to factory.

I hesitate to go easier only because I know if I ever had that perfect game where it always bounced just right and I did not do anything stupid and managed to collect all the Avengers I would know it was not really perfect because it was not on difficult.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
there's a bug in the current software, to start modes medium is actually easy (1 shot). and easy is medium (2 shots to start). hard is 4 shots.