• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Avengers at Playdium

slimmer

Dec 19, 2012
Was there today with my friend {Tommy} and put the second high score on Avengers. Cool game and had a good game going at 58,0000 for the first and only time i played Avengers. Just tooting my own horn as I probably could play that game 100 more times and not get that score again. :mrgreen:

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Was there last night and AV was no longer there. The guy working said that it was sold :( I did get to play WOZ on location though. Very underwhelming.

slimmer

Dec 19, 2012
It amazes me how many new games they sell considering the price of them. They told me they were searching for more ac dc machines with no luck and had a bunch of people looking for them. My buddy really liked transformers.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Makes sense to some degree.

Beside ACDC being just a FANTASTIC game, really one of the best Stern offerings in a long time, price of pinballs have been going up all over the hobby. Now people are looking at their TOTAN or TOM, and thinking, if this thing is worth X number of dollars, for a few hundred more, I can get a brand new in box game.

NIB also comes with 0 hassle for the most part in terms of fixing since the game will work and has a warranty which is not always the case when you buy a 20 year WMS machine.

I don't see this trend sustaining itself forever, it can't, disposable income, or space will end up wining eventually and I think prices will normalize once again

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I think I heard there will be more AC/DC games available in the next couple months, so you should contact Brock about it if you're looking for one.

D

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Vengeance said:
Makes sense to some degree.

Beside ACDC being just a FANTASTIC game, really one of the best Stern offerings in a long time, price of pinballs have been going up all over the hobby. Now people are looking at their TOTAN or TOM, and thinking, if this thing is worth X number of dollars, for a few hundred more, I can get a brand new in box game.

NIB also comes with 0 hassle for the most part in terms of fixing since the game will work and has a warranty which is not always the case when you buy a 20 year WMS machine.

I don't see this trend sustaining itself forever, it can't, disposable income, or space will end up wining eventually and I think prices will normalize once again

Wow I know you bought one so your opinion had changed I didn't realize that you had swung that far over on AC/DC from your initial reactions ... glad to hear you are liken it (and then some it would appear)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It's changed night and day from the initial code offering to what it is now.

ACDC is the ultimate example of risk vs reward, and really rewards the better played for knowing what to use and when.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
SquidVicious said:
Wow I know you bought one so your opinion had changed I didn't realize that you had swung that far over on AC/DC from your initial reactions ... glad to hear you are liken it (and then some it would appear)

I found that funny too.. when the game first came out Adam said it was total shit! :lol: (layout-wise, too.. not just code)

Adam did you go Pro or Premium?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It was total shit, just shows what a good programmer can do. Lyman knows his shit and cares about his games, he wants them to pay well and plays them so he knows what he needs to do.

That is what worries me about Avengers (and Transfoerms and Xmen as a result) Wayson so far has a TERRIBLE track record when it comes to pinball programming. Every game he has done thus far, has sucked. The game comes out and it looks cool with lots of potential, but then he fucks it up. He has done it with TF, he is in the process of fucking up Xmen and anyone with an Avengers, cross your fingers that this is the game he gets his shit together cause right now he is batting 0. It's very much why I'm wait and see with Avengers.

But as for ACDC I went with Pro, I prefer the Pro over the LE. I didn't like the way the mini PF plays or how it is integrated into the game, I hate the diverter from the left ramp to the cannon, the only LE item I wish I had was the Bell and yes I know there is an after market product for that, but it's not even close to the same thing as the LE.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
No it doesn't but you get used to it after playing it for a while, I can generally now predict what I need to do over there even if can't see it.