• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Auction...

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Last auction day I believe.. thou, I noticed some of the bidding is already stupid, so expect a final few minutes of craziness on top of that..

Also, if anyone was bidding on that Tron plastics set, one more bid and it's yours, btw. ;) I won't bid more!

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
Yah the two chexx machines just went over my limit of $1500 which would equal to $2000 out the door. I was interested in the Alpine Racer and Wipeout....all 4 items currently have the same highest bidder, as well as other pinball machines, he is the highest bidder on majority of the auction. So too rich for me, but good for him to inflate prices!
Also super surprised a home edition non working Avengers with missing back glass is going for close to $2000 right now. Insane. I have come to the conclusion I will never purchase a used chexx game or auction pinball machine. This is the 2nd one, and the prices are more than the used market. When it comes to Chexx, I'd rather purchase a new one with with the LCD screen and updated lights for $3500 than spend over $2000 on a used banged up one with poor lighting and no LCD jumbotron. A lot of the used older ones on the market are going for $3000+. I don't understand, they never sold for that much new.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Yah the two chexx machines just went over my limit of $1500 which would equal to $2000 out the door. I was interested in the Alpine Racer and Wipeout....all 4 items currently have the same highest bidder, as well as other pinball machines, he is the highest bidder on majority of the auction. So too rich for me, but good for him to inflate prices!
Also super surprised a home edition non working Avengers with missing back glass is going for close to $2000 right now. Insane. I have come to the conclusion I will never purchase a used chexx game or auction pinball machine. This is the 2nd one, and the prices are more than the used market. When it comes to Chexx, I'd rather purchase a new one with with the LCD screen and updated lights for $3500 than spend over $2000 on a used banged up one with poor lighting and no LCD jumbotron. A lot of the used older ones on the market are going for $3000+. I don't understand, they never sold for that much new.
Yeah, that Avengers with missing back glass is ridiculous! So is that cabinet!! Walking away from this auction.

Auctions are a fun thing to attend in person. Not so much remotely..

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
4 hours left, I can't help but smile. I'm happy they are going for crazy prices, as I don't feel like I missed out on a deal.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Lets see if the Sopranos goes for over $10k with the premium and taxes lol. There was one on kijiji last week for $6k asking which is still too much.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
I just looked at the last minute bidding.. some crazy action! I'd worry that we'll soon see a lot of perfect to mint condition arcades and pins being offered!! It's going to be a Kijiji bonanza!

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
Oh man, I missed the Avengers home edition one. I wanted to see how much that went for. If anyone knows what the final bid was, please post it. I don't even think you can purchase a backglass for the machine lol

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
Alright folks, here are the final numbers
IronMan $7870
X-Men $7667 (missing Wolverine Mech to boot)
Big Buck $6800
NBA $7735
Wipeout $5133 ( I thought this one was the craziest of the day...but wait theres more)
WWE $6,668
Sopranos $9200 (The cab was in such BAD shape)

Sopranos takes the CAKE!
Also winner of the day was BTA who took home Sopranos, Big Buck and X-men for a total of....$23,667...Congrats BTA!