• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Auction...

Geteos

Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
I've got my sights set on that DDR machine. I've always wanted one since I played it a ton in high school. It's a massive space hog plus it's an older version, so hopefully the price stays reasonable.

Reactions: BallPin

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
I've got my sights set on that DDR machine. I've always wanted one since I played it a ton in high school. It's a massive space hog plus it's an older version, so hopefully the price stays reasonable.

Are you going to inspect it before bidding? Or bid site unseen?

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Last time I checked, prices were getting out of hand, as expected.. a lot of people obviously bidding site unseen. I would also be extra careful about some bidders that magically bid you up when the current amount seems to be low. Keep in mind the auctioneer can refuse offers even once the auction has closed.

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
Last time I checked, prices were getting out of hand, as expected.. a lot of people obviously bidding site unseen. I would also be extra careful about some bidders that magically bid you up when the current amount seems to be low. Keep in mind the auctioneer can refuse offers even once the auction has closed.

It's literally the same person bidding on all the pins, and maybe more, I haven't checked. Either the person is bidding people up, has a lot of money, or is a business who flips them or has an arcade. I wanted to know how the chexx tables were, as I'm interested in one of those. Kind of weird the same person that is the highest bidder on most of the pins is also the highest bidder on both Chexx machines. I only want one, but I'm guessing the way things are, they will go for too much.

Whoever Z~****_ is, is winning most of the machines right now. Racking up quite a bill. I have a feeling it's those guys in Kingston that sell pinball machines for a crazy amount.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
It's literally the same person bidding on all the pins, and maybe more, I haven't checked. Either the person is bidding people up, has a lot of money, or is a business who flips them or has an arcade. I wanted to know how the chexx tables were, as I'm interested in one of those. Kind of weird the same person that is the highest bidder on most of the pins is also the highest bidder on both Chexx machines. I only want one, but I'm guessing the way things are, they will go for too much.

Whoever Z~****_ is, is winning most of the machines right now. Racking up quite a bill. I have a feeling it's those guys in Kingston that sell pinball machines for a crazy amount.
That's what I meant, and it's something they can get away with during an online auction. Less doable with live auctions because bidders tend to know one another. Thou, I remember past live auctions in MTL, I would stop to bid when phone callers would chime in, didn't feel I could trust the process when it occurred. Also, live auctions had 'reserved' prices - that, too, didn't sound legit most of the time.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
the fine print !Congratulations, and thank you for registering to become a bidder in this Benaco Online Auction # . It is very important that you read through all of our Terms & Conditions prior to registration & bidding. **18% Buyers Premium standard, 15% for Cash, Debit, Cheque, Email/Wire Transfers, Money Orders & Bank Draft payments** Auction/Viewing Location(s): Viewing Date: Auction Soft Close: Pick-Up Date(s): Term Soft Close- Soft Close prevents individuals from entering a bid at the very last second before an auction closes with the intent to prevent others from bidding higher. Subject to Approval- Any item being sold "Subject To Approval" cannot be concluded, and is not a binding sale until the secured lender approves the sale amount. It is a legal requirement for all leasing companies to follow this simple guideline in order to be able to pursue legal action against the previous debtor for shortfalls and deficiencies. Any seized item must be exposed for public sale, advertised in a major journal, and must have a minimum of 3 bids placed on it. Benaco Sales Ltd. follows these rules strictly, and our sell through rate for assets sold on a "Subject To Approval" basis is over 95%. Once approved, the purchaser will be notified by email and the sale can be concluded. If not approved, the high bidder will have the opportunity to increase their bid, if they wish to do so, until an agreement can reached. There will be no financial obligation by the high bidder until a sale can be concluded. All buyers are encouraged to come in to physically inspect the items that they are bidding on to verify configurations etc. On the following days & times: BENACO SALES LTD OR IT'S CLIENT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OF THE ITEM WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE ITEM WILL BE ERROR FREE. If you live too far, or are just too busy to make it down, please feel free to contact us by phone (416) 667-0712 M-F 9am-5pm (EST) if you have any questions about the assets that we're selling in this auction. Once again thank you, and we hope you enjoy the auction. Sincerely, Benaco Sales Team

Cait001

Nov 24, 2015
Ottawa
Amazing that people will get in a gamble on heavily routed games at $5500 all-in when you can get a good selection of incredible NIB for just $8000

BallPin

Jul 16, 2020
Canada
Amazing that people will get in a gamble on heavily routed games at $5500 all-in when you can get a good selection of incredible NIB for just $8000

An idiot is born every minute. There is a place in St. Catherines selling NIB Pro Sterns for $10,000. BTW these games are going for $5600 now...still lots of time. I can see a lot of them hitting $6000+

X-Men is already at $6000 and I don't even think it has the Wolverine mech in there. Looks like its missing. Also looks in real rough shape.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
People get caught up in the auction all the time
Especially online.
Not too many decent priced items left.
Keep eyeing house of the dead...

Empty cab = soap box derby car

Cait001

Nov 24, 2015
Ottawa
It's at least nice that the BP is only 15% if you pay cash, vs 18% for credit.
but most will pay 18%, and then probably 13% HST on top of that BP, so 33.33% above hammer price.

the real winner here will be someone that can utilize that powered audio gear (speakers and amps) and those 55" LCDs that will all go cheap.

Craziest thing for me is the Gottlieb Wipeout at $2700 CAD, and given it has days to go, will probably top out around $3200 CAD.
Meaning someone will be nearly $4300 into a frickin Gottlieb Wipeout project where the cab has a bunch of damage and the playfield has some paint loss.

Modern arcade stuff can be so damn silly. Imagine committing this kind of floor space to a stupid stacker game? https://ontario.hibid.com/lot/78735...all-categories&cpage=4&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
It seems a bad idea for a major arcade, but wow imagine someone bringing this home...

Only real cool thing is this Max Flight machine
https://ontario.hibid.com/lot/77773...all-categories&cpage=4&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog

Reactions: Fifty

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
It's at least nice that the BP is only 15% if you pay cash, vs 18% for credit.
but most will pay 18%, and then probably 13% HST on top of that BP, so 33.33% above hammer price.

the real winner here will be someone that can utilize that powered audio gear (speakers and amps) and those 55" LCDs that will all go cheap.

Craziest thing for me is the Gottlieb Wipeout at $2700 CAD, and given it has days to go, will probably top out around $3200 CAD.
Meaning someone will be nearly $4300 into a frickin Gottlieb Wipeout project where the cab has a bunch of damage and the playfield has some paint loss.

Modern arcade stuff can be so damn silly. Imagine committing this kind of floor space to a stupid stacker game? https://ontario.hibid.com/lot/78735...all-categories&cpage=4&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
It seems a bad idea for a major arcade, but wow imagine someone bringing this home...

Only real cool thing is this Max Flight machine
https://ontario.hibid.com/lot/77773...all-categories&cpage=4&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
Brand new LCDs are dirt cheap right now, whatever is being auctioned should be looked at first: does it have the remote, is it refurbished, etc. I saw at least one with the Best Buy serviced sticker in the back (must be a refurb). TVs/Speakers must have been kept on for most of the day when in use..just beware.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
I went in to take a look, at least we're all doing that, lol. You don't see such a big auction from amusement centres that often.

I generally agree with all comments posted here and prices are out of hand..

The only thing I'm bidding on is a set of TRON Pro plastic, from Marco. If someone from Pin Rev really wants it, I'll walk away. Makes no sense to bid against one another.. well, for small little things anyway!! ;)